Sensible or what!

A place for poems and odes - let your creative juices flow....

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Sensible or what!

Post by Lins »

I have had some good advice from Sara (tosca100) about dog walks for when we take Scooby to North West Surgeons next week.

Sara told me about Delamere Forest which is'nt too far away, and looks a great place to take Molly for a walk.

What's more, they are dog friendly :bravo: :bravo:
I have just printed below some advice, of which I encourage in 'my area' of the countryside.

Theis was kindly sent to the Forestry Committion for thenm to use, and for us to employ and enjoy:

If you dog should do a plop, take a while and make a stop.

Just fnd a stick and flick it wide, into the undergrowth at the side.

If your dog should do a do, you don't want it on your shoe, find a stick, pick a spot, flick into the bushes so it can rot.

If your dog should do a poo, this is what you should do. Just find a stick and flick it wide, into the undergrowth at the side.

If your dog should make a mess, there really is no need to stress. Find a stick, pick a spot, flick into the bushes so it can rot.

I have to say, this is the method I advise my visitors to use. It's far better than plastic bags full of poo tied up in trees, left in dry stone walls, or, just gaily abandoned where sheep and lambs nibble at the bags.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Sensible or what!

Post by Joe + Hilary »

I'm always quite puzzled why when you go to the trouble of bagging it, why would you then leave the bag lying around, let alone chuck it in a tree???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I thought the idea was to take it home - no big deal, and then there are some park/areas with special bins for you to use.

Hilary
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Sara told me about Delamere Forest which is'nt too far away, and looks a great place to take Molly for a walk.
Lins Delamere is down the round and round the corner from us about a mile, it is a great place for dogs to walk. Molly will love it.

Could not help but notice on Funday, Scooby has a really remarkable coat so thick and soft. :love2:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

We were told by an experienced Farmer that dog poo like Horse Dung will compost which is more than you can say for plastic bags.
Yes in ordinary daily walks you must pick up the poo and take it home but the above makes sense in the wilderness
twig28
Senior User
Senior User

Post by twig28 »

I think this peom is fantastic. It made me laugh for ages. We live in a village. The worst thing you can do is put the mess in a bag and then hang it on a tree or leave it in entrances. We then have to look at it week after week. I know its different in towns were there is plenty of bins to put the bags in but not in villages.
Amy, Stephen
Coco and Mazy
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Diesel Kate wrote:
Lins Delamere is down the round and round the corner from us about a mile, it is a great place for dogs to walk. Molly will love it.

Could not help but notice on Funday, Scooby has a really remarkable coat so thick and soft. :love2:
Looking forward to walking Delamere and, looking at the forecast, Thursday is going to be the better day of the week.

As for Scooby's coat Kath, yet it is thick, almost as thick as his head. :2019: :1968: :1968:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Makky
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Makky »

I must admit that I have never understood this "Hanging from a Tree" & when you see them hanging there day in & day out it's disgusting :2012: there's nothing easier than taking it home & putting it in the bin.... just come back from the local Country Park plenty of litter bins there....so no excuses :2014:
Bill Sandra & Rosie xx

Elwood 2000-2011
Sam 1988-2000

For ever in our hearts