Fundraising patchwork workshop in Garstang, Lancs

Discuss anything in here that is NOT dog related.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SusieS

Fundraising patchwork workshop in Garstang, Lancs

Post by SusieS »

Fancy something interesting to look forward to after the bustle of Christmas? Are you free the weekend of 11th/12th/13th January 2019? Want to try out a new hobby?
Labrador Rescue North West fundraising patchwork quilting workshop. Suitable for absolute beginners. ALL proceeds will be donated to rescue.
Why not have a go at patchwork? Come for 2 or 3 days to Garstang and let me show you how to do it! And have a bit of a laugh at the same time. My post code is PR3 1QA so you can see where I am.

Choose from several easy designs and make your very own lap quilt (around 45” by 54” depending on pattern chosen) backed with a snuggly warm fleece.

All fabric and fleece will be included, as will tea/coffee/biscuits and Labrador cuddles.

All you need to bring is a sewing machine, thread and a packed lunch. If you don’t have a sewing machine I have ONE that someone can use, please specify when booking if you need to borrow it.

The workshop will be limited to four students to ensure plenty of individual attention. I am incredibly lucky to have a purpose built studio so we will have plenty of room.

OPTION 1 – Come for two days (Saturday and Sunday) and work from a kit I have cut out for you. I will choose the fabrics. Donation £75

OPTION 2 – Come for three days (Friday, Saturday and Sunday, OR if you work and prefer weekends you can come on Saturday 5th January instead) and also learn how to use a rotary cutter, ruler and mat, AND you get to choose your own fabrics. All equipment will be available to borrow. Donation £100

If you don’t finish in the workshop you will be welcome to come back another day, arranged to suit at no additional cost.

Interested? First come, first served, email me on suedsimpson@btinternet.com or message me on Facebook.
If you can’t do the dates email me anyway and I will arrange an additional weekend.
***ONLY TWO PLACES LEFT***
Sue