Big Jessie

A place to put general photos of your dogs - we love to see them

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Wandering Dog
New User
New User

Big Jessie

Post by Wandering Dog »

We adopted Big Jessie (GSD / lab cross) on 16th November 2010. I had to share this photo to show how she has been accepted into our pack. Talisker our very handsome GSD / lab / retriever cross is our "Top Dog" and the fact that he has allowed Big Jessie to snuggle up with him on the "dog-sofa" shows that she has been fully accepted. She loves being part of a pack. I don't think she got chance to socialize much with other dogs in her old life.

Big Jessie on the left and Talisker on the right.
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Big Jessie

Post by Gemma T »

Lovely - looks like doggy bliss!!
Gemma x
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

Great photo. Glad she has settled in so well. :1961:

Sara
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

How lovely to see her so settled. Thank you for giving her such a lovely home! :love3:

:love2:
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

What a lovely photo! Talisker - a fine name!! That's a whisky, isn't it? :thumbright:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Wandering Dog
New User
New User

Post by Wandering Dog »

Yes Talisker is a whisky made on the Isle of Skye. Our lab / collie cross (a labradollie as I call her) is called Bowmore, another whisky. Can you tell my husband's favourite booze?? Talisker gets called Taggly-Waggly and other ridiculous names and Bowmore has morphed into Bo Diddly. It's not surprising Jessica ended up as Big Jessie, it could've been worse I suppose! We also have a 16 year old terrier called Archie who for some reason is known as Bog-rat. The poor thing is deaf nowadays so he doesn't know what we call him! That's why dogs are better than children - they never complain that they hates their names!
Dogs are like chocolates - one is never enough.
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Lovely picture of them both what a gorgeous colour she is

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Lovely piccy :love6: Great dogs with even greater names. :love5: Thanks for the update.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Lovely picture, and great names, in fact the dogs bought OH a bottle of Bowmore for Christmas!

Sounds like you have a lovely pack of dogs there, look forward to more pics :1945:

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Lovely photo, she looks so settled :love5: .

Thank you for giving her a wonderful home.

Amanda Jim Milo & Zak x
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

Tlaking of Bowmore - I went there with my hubbie, my mum and my step dad many years ago. We'd booked by letter and it was in the days when I think they had only just stared showing people round. But when we got there, Alan Whicker was there doing some filming for Toyota so we could not go in the normal visitors' place because it was full of camera men etc. We ended up in the directors' boardroom - very posh indeed with a very young employee who didn't quite know what to do with us. So he gave us a whole bottle of Bowmore to drink and we left very red cheeked a few hours later.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Lovely picture of Jessie and Talisker cuddled up on the dog -sofa.
:love2: :love2:

Kay.xx
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

benjiesmum wrote:Tlaking of Bowmore - I went there with my hubbie, my mum and my step dad many years ago. We'd booked by letter and it was in the days when I think they had only just stared showing people round. But when we got there, Alan Whicker was there doing some filming for Toyota so we could not go in the normal visitors' place because it was full of camera men etc. We ended up in the directors' boardroom - very posh indeed with a very young employee who didn't quite know what to do with us. So he gave us a whole bottle of Bowmore to drink and we left very red cheeked a few hours later.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Brilliant Lynne! :rofl:
Jackie
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Great picture of Big Jessie and Talisker. :thumbright:
Jackie
Meg and Maisie
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Meg and Maisie »

Wandering Dog wrote:Yes Talisker is a whisky made on the Isle of Skye. Our lab / collie cross (a labradollie as I call her) is called Bowmore, another whisky. Can you tell my husband's favourite booze?? Talisker gets called Taggly-Waggly and other ridiculous names and Bowmore has morphed into Bo Diddly. It's not surprising Jessica ended up as Big Jessie, it could've been worse I suppose! We also have a 16 year old terrier called Archie who for some reason is known as Bog-rat. The poor thing is deaf nowadays so he doesn't know what we call him! That's why dogs are better than children - they never complain that they hates their names!
Your hubby and my hubby would get on great!!!! Talisker is John's favourite. The photo is so lovely!!!!

Gill, Meg and Maisie
aka Mad Maisie
:love2: :love2: :love2: