Here's Honey ......

A place to put general photos of your dogs - we love to see them

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Here's Honey ......

Post by mollymunch »

We picked u our new girl yesterday :love2: . Molly was missing her old friend Sam so we decided it was time to invite another lovely lab into our lives. We decided we wanted to help another dog who had had a rough start like Sam.

Honey is a 6 year old ex breeding bitch so hasn’t lived in a house before although she has been in a foster home for the last 6 days. She is very scared at present and spent most of the evening out in the furthest point of the garden under a tree. We had to carry her in eventually, as she was too frightened to come back into the house after her initial brief exploration. She then settled in the front room with us while we watched tv. If she becomes a lot more confident during the week we will of course bring her to the funday :thumbup:

As you can see she is beautiful even though she seems to have some scars on her face. She has a wonderful thick curly coat. Her tail doesn’t stop wagging when you talk to her and stroke her. I was worried she wouldn’t eat anything as she was so stressed last night but in true Labrador fashion she polished off all of her tea – yeh, way to go Honey! This morning I even thought she was going to beat the master “Mollymunch” in the fastest eating contest! Meeting Molly was great as she just gave Moll a really good sniff and that was that and good old reliable Molly was her usual laid back self.

Will take more photos once she settles more and keeps still :2379:

Alison x
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Here's Honey ......

Post by jackie »

Aw she is gorgeous Alison. It makes you realise what sort of life these girls have she looks happy in the 2nd photo so I think you will see a big difference in her quite quickly.

Jackie x
Johndale
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Johndale »

Honey looks delightful and I'm sure it won't take her long to settle in & make herself at home.

There'll be quite a bit of adjustment going on inside her head.

:love6:

John & Teddyxx
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Congratulations on your new addition! Really pleased for you Alison, she looks a lovely girl and I'm sure that she'll adapt steadily to her new life.
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Sharonty
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Sharonty »

Aw well done Alison :bravo: :bravo:

She's beautiful :love5: :love5: :love5:

I'm sure she'll settled in really well and grow in confidence as soon as she realises what a good thing she's got! Hopefully she can come to Funday! I think Honey and Poppy would get on well :thumbup:

And what a lovely name :1972:

:love4:
Sharon, Dan & Poppy (our gorgeous girl from MKF)
Bev Rowley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Bev Rowley »

She is beautiful Alison. Such a lucky girl. :love2:

Bev, Alfie and Lily xxx
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Willow »

Congratulations Alison! I'm so pleased to hear that all went smoothly with the pick up yesterday; that was quite a trek.
Honey looks a beautiful, gentle soul and I can't wait to meet her! I'm sure that given time, love and patience (things in abundance at your house) then Honey and Molly will become firm friends :1972:
I'm just imagining what it's like at your place today; the first few days are definitely a 'hyper-alert' stage :1966: but things soon settle as you get to know one another and establish a routine.
It would be fantastic to meet Honey at Fun Day but we all understand that her welfare takes priority xx
Well.... 54 foster dogs.... what can I say??! That is quite incredible.
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

my bobby
Senior User
Senior User

Post by my bobby »

Hi Alison,
What a lovely pretty girl :love2: . What a beautiful little face :love2: . She definately chose a lovely family when she chose you and Andrew.

Will be great to see you at fun day. We will be there health permitting.

Carol, Gary and Bobby
:2093: :2379: xx

Labradors are miracles with paws xx

Carol F :-
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Oh my, Alison - she's GORGEOUS! :love5: :love5:

What a lucky girl, coming to you!

Will we see your girls at Funday? :1939: :1939:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Oh Alison, she is beautiful. Molly is such a good girlie accepting all these different dogs into her life and home.

I have been working all day and could'nt wait to get home to look at the site after reading your text this morning.

She will soon settle, I have no doubts about that one. They soon learn which side their bread is buttered on. She looks like it's Homey by name, and Honey by nalture. She's got such a lovely, honest face.

Knowing your way with dogs, she will be more than ready to attend Fun Day.

Congratulations on adopting her, and I'm sure Sam would approve. :love5:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Post by rhoda4 »

So pleased Honey has a wonderful home with you. :love3: She's a beautiful girl. :love2:

Congratulations!

Ann, Paul & Zac x
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
mollysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollysmum »

Alison, congratulations on adopting Honey, she is stunningly beautiful and I`m sure that with the help of Molly she will soon settle in. I love the second photo she has a very gentle face and I`m sure that Sam would approve of her.
Linda
Makky
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Makky »

What a stunning girl she's gorgeous :love3: but also very clever to have picked you for her new mum & also Molly to help her enjoy her new life :love6:
Bill Sandra & Rosie xx

Elwood 2000-2011
Sam 1988-2000

For ever in our hearts
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Alison and Andrew,

I'm so pleased for you,Honey is one gorgeous girl and so very lucky to have joined your family.Sam was a special boy now it's Honey's turn to be loved and wanted.

:love3: :love3: :love3: :love3: :love3: :love3: :love3: :love3: :love3:

So looking forward to meeting her and Molly at funday if Honey is ready to join us. :love5: :love5:

Kay.xx
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

What a beautiful girl. :love5: I'm sure she will soon realise that her new life is much better than her old life and become more confident.
Jackie