Maggie & Alfie

A place to put general photos of your dogs - we love to see them

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Maggie & Alfie

Post by jackie »

In case you were not sure the one on the left is my Maggie and the one on the right.......well thats Alfie my Mum & Dad's Great Dane! I think the pair of them were doing their watchdog look :D Not sure they needed to though!

Jackie x

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

great photo
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Gemma T »

Lovely ...who were they waiting for?
Gemma xx
Alison B

Post by Alison B »

Lovely photo :)
They look good pals

love Alison & Rosie (Lancs) XXX
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

I am not sure what they are waiting for Gemma, it was taken about just over year ago in a cottage we rented with Mum and Dad. I think the two of them were just doing their patrol look! I like this picture as it shows you the size of Alfie against Maggie - I have seen many Great Danes and Mum and Dad have had a few but I have to say Alfie has to be the biggest I have ever seen. Maggie is a tall female, an inch above the standard but she looks positively tiny against him! I think her back is just level with his elbows!

Jackie x
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

What a Beautiful big dog he looks, maggie too of course, my son had a harlequin great dane called annie until she went to the bridge two years age, they are such placid friendly dogs, a bit clumsy tho, a joy to have.

jan xx
It is never too late.
natty

Post by natty »

Now we just need a photo of them facing the other way :lol: The dane is a royal looking dog he dwarfs Maggie :o
Alison B

Post by Alison B »

The photo brought back memories of my last Girl-Tiggy. :)

She was a BIG girl but was dwarfed by a beautiful Great Dane called Duke.( He was majestic and lived to be 12 years which is a great age for a Dane).
Anyway, we used to see Duke most mornings on our walks- and he took a great shine to Tig. Even when he was very old, his owner said when he saw Tiggy he would straighten his back and put on a good show for her!
BUT, I'm afraid she hated him! :oops: I think she was just overwhelmed by him- he was a stunning looking dog and had a lovely nature too.

love Alison & Rosie (Lancs) XXX