When we had Four !

A place to put general photos of your dogs - we love to see them

Moderator: Forum Moderators

billybluemoor

When we had Four !

Post by billybluemoor »

Billy, Jet, Lady & Bella, seen here almost a year ago.

Then there were Two ! - 'Lady' & 'Billy', seen here this morning.

This week is the first occasion that Billy has had to see the Vet regarding arthritis.
Considering that he's almost eleven I think he's done very well for such a big heavy dog.
The Vet has given him a short course of 'Previcox' for his Arthritic pain. He's also developed a Lypoma, a fatty lump, on the inside of his right back leg. I will have to keep a close watch on this and measure it's rate of growth in the coming weeks and months. Hopefully it is benign, as the Vet thinks, but if it grows rapidly he will have to have a biopsy and maybe have it removed, but only if absolutely necessary.
I know Labradors are prone to lumps and bumps and aren't too concerned at the moment, 'Lady' has got several Lypomas and 'Bella was covered in them, all benign and harmless.
Lady is doing splendidly well considering she is coming up to around fifteen. She also is prescribed Previcox for her arthritic joints which flare up ocassionally, especially in the colder weather.
It's so rewarding to have been able to give Lady a warm loving home for her twilight years. As most of you know, Lady is a 'Rescue Dog' and has been with us now for almost a year. She is so gentle, loving and undemanding and just loves having a nice soft bed next to the radiator.
She's a wonderful old dog. We are always talking to her, even though she is deaf and can't hear us I swear she knows what we are saying, lip-reading maybe, or more likely, understanding our body-language !!
Billy, on the other hand, who has been with us from being a puppy, can almost read our minds !
It's a shame they have to get old and suffer ill health, like many of us do; the least we can do is to make sure they are as loved and comfortable as possible for their remaining time with us.

I love this latest photo of my two 'Companions' who keep me company night and day - two lovely old personalities !!
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Re: When we had Four !

Post by jackiem »

Billy looks as handsome as ever Martyn and it's lovely to see Lady still looking so well. It's good to see the pictures of the other two oldies that you homed for their twilight days too. I still think of Jet even though I never met him and remember how you made his last weekend so special.
Jackie
Milosmum1

Post by Milosmum1 »

Two very fine specimens!!! Aww bless em both!!! Who can describe how wonderful they really are eh? Except for other dog owners :O) Bless u Martin!!!
Love Jackie xx
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

That's a lovely picture of the pair of them together, Martin!

Can't believe that Lady is 15! That's an amazing age. She certainly looks well on it.

It is certainly a houseful you had last year and there will be a lot of treasured memories too! :thumbright:
Alison B

Post by Alison B »

I can't believe it's almost a year since you opened your home and heart to your 3 rescue dogs (4 if you count Rosie ). All your dogs are special to us on this site Martin ( as are you and your family). We'll never forget lovely Jet & Bella.

I love the latest photo of Billy & Lady. They both look great! :love8:

I hope the Previcox works. Give them both a hug from us, and I hope you're feeling better too

love Alison, Rosie & Charlie (Lancs) XXXX
natty

Post by natty »

I remember some of those pictures when you first posted them. Cant believe time has gone so quickly...What a gorgeous house full you had. Lady and Billy look well. :) :) :)

:santa: 39 days to go :santa:
maxie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by maxie »

How lovely, what a wonderful home you and Kathryn have given these gorgeous oldies, Martin. Lady and Billy look so content,

Joan xx

Hope you are feeling better, it's good to see you posting again
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Gemma T »

Lovely to see the pics of them all together - must make for some wonderful memories.
Gemma xx
CarolynM
Webbyswife
Webbyswife

Post by CarolynM »

What a lovely photos and some happy memories!!

Lady and Billy look stunning

xx
Carolyn
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Lovely photos and a lovely update Martin. You can tell that you truly love your dogs and they mean so much to you. It is sad that we have to watch them get old but like you say you just have to do whatever you can for them and keep them happy and uncomfortable, they don't ask for much do they.

Remembering the lovely Jet & Bella too - sadly missed but never forgotten.

Jackie xx
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Great photos Matin xx
Flinty
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Flinty »

Lovely pictures, but am I the only one who looks at the last picture and feels sad?

There is just so much empty space behind/beside Billy and Lady that used to be filled by two lovely dogs. :(
A fat dog is just a puppy with a coat on!
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

It brings a lump to my throat. like Gary I also saw the space beside Lady and Billy. You and Kathryn gave Jet and Bellla such a lovely time for the short time they were with you. Billy and Lady look really well. Great to see you on line again.. I am sure we all hoping you are feeling a lot better.
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

Lovely photos!!! Well done to you and your lovely wife!!

Hope you are feeling ok!

Gill, Meg and Maisie.

xxx
JacksDad
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JacksDad »

What lovely pics of the four beauties....a glimpse of heaven ! The most we had here was 3...Henry, his friend Jet and my ex wife's lab Daisy, sadly none of them with us anymore but very fond memories. :angel7: :angel7: :angel7: