Contented and peaceful

A place to put general photos of your dogs - we love to see them

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Aileen

Re: Contented and peaceful

Post by Aileen »

That's lovely news. Poppy looks a wee smasher who's gone from a loving home with Glenys to another with Ian and Carolyn.
Looking forward to loads of updates and more photos. She certainly looks completely at home! :4597
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

I peeped at Poppy when I collected Bob. She has grown a lot since then but she's even more beautiful than she was!
I too look forward to seeing her grow into as beautiful a girl as her mum.
Jackie
LabRes1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LabRes1 »

Little Poppy is a doll - a right little handful of mischief at the moment but a doll all the same..!

We have had a few rescue dogs go to the bridge over the last few years - every one was an upsetting experience. When we lost Anna we got Toby - my little golden boy.. and after weeks of discussion between ourselves and also Glenys we decided the right thing to do was to have Poppy - partly because we wanted to have a couple of dogs who were going to be with us for what will hopefully be a very long time and partly because our son Martin (aged 13) is absolutely devoted to the dogs and is devastated when we loose one- Toby and Poppy will add some consistency for all of us.

We still have our 3 rescue dogs who are every bit as loved and cherished. Big Ben is recovering from a very serious operation at the moment and whilst we have been told his cancer had spread to his lymph nodes, he will hopefully have a good quality of life for quite some time to come before we have to make yet another heartbreaking decision.

I think we now have the perfect balance - the consistency of our two young dogs and the capacity to continue helping the oldies which mean so much to us...

Personally - i dont think you can beat an oldie rescue dog- they will always be important to us and something we will continue to help and care for in their twighlight years.

As you can see from the pics... with a little time and help they have all bonded extremely well together- big ben is probably the biggest surprise - he is such a gentle giant with her and she adores him
-------------------------------
Canine Hydrotherapist Training
Canine Therapies Academy
www.caninetherapiesacademy.co.uk
LabRes1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LabRes1 »

I guess I should put at least a couple of baby pics on shouldnt i!

-------------------------------
Canine Hydrotherapist Training
Canine Therapies Academy
www.caninetherapiesacademy.co.uk
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Poppy really is gorgeous. I love the one of her under the coffee table.
Jackie
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Not surprised :wink: look forward to seeing her and Toby up to mischief...
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Congratulations Ian and Carolyn. She looks a little stunner. No doubt she will be keeping you all on your toes. :4620:

:nose :rudolf :nose
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
triomum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by triomum »

What a cutie! May she bring you all many years of happiness.