Bun

A place to put general photos of your dogs - we love to see them

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dogspaw
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Bun

Post by dogspaw »

This is Bun who I found one snowy morning thrown out in the car park . I managed to catch him and took him home where he became a house bun. He was free to wander in the garden and the house, and never had accidents in the house :D He had nearly ten years with us, which is a great age for a bun. He loved to chase our GSD much to the horror of our dog :lol: . Then as he became older he would lie with Grace where-ever she was, then with Kane too. Every so often he would scrat around on the dogs, presumably trying to clean them :shock: .Here is Bun
And Bun with Grace enjoying the garden
bessiebunches
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by bessiebunches »

Jill
What a pair of sweeties :angel5:
Love Light and Reiki Blessings

Gail

xx
Image www.back2healing.co.uk
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

I didnt think Bunnies lived that long what a gorgous Rabbit xx
dogspaw
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by dogspaw »

Neither did I Glenys :D . We thought he would live about three or four years :shock: .The vet said he was the oldest he could remember,and of course I don't even know how old he was when we found him though he looked very young. He was a right little character though. He is the only rabbit that I have ever owned, and he surprised me by how entertaining he could be. Another rabbit was with him at the car park, but I couldn't catch the other one. How anyone could throw a domestic rabbit out at that time of the year is beyond me.
Nesslabs

Post by Nesslabs »

What a lovely rabbit. We used to have Dutch rabbits just like Bun so it brings back memories. We trained our then lab Sam to leave them alone when they were hopping about the garden and he was very good - although we never risked leaving him alone with them!

The photo of Grace lying beside Bun just shows the good nature of the labrador and how amazing it is that we can train dogs to lie down beside an animal that is their natural prey in the wild. What a lovely dog Grace is!

Kathleen, Jack and Tess x

(We're a long way from being able to trust Jack like that!) :shock:
dogspaw
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by dogspaw »

We were so lucky with the dogs that we had whilst we had Bun. Both the GSD and Grace would take off like a steam train after a cat, but always left Bun alone, and Grace particularly could often be found with the rabbit asleep beside her. We never had to supervise them, they could be left together while we went out. I am glad that we still didn't have Bun when we got Jazz - I don't think he would have lasted five minutes with her :D .
Julie

Post by Julie »

How gorgeous they both are.

I had 2 bunnies when I got George; we had them when I had my old retriever Jake, and both bunnies used to scratch at his fur. George, as old as he was, learned to live with my bunnies; he never bothered them, and could be left with them without any fear.

When Alf came along things were very different! He had many a smack for chasing them. They didnt live very long after I got Alf, but nothing to do with him; they were old bunnies too.

I love bunnies.

Julie
xx
xx
DavidandGina

Post by DavidandGina »

What brilliant photos.
Gina
xx
maggie may

Post by maggie may »

what lovely pictures