Our Lad Toffee

A place to put general photos of your dogs - we love to see them

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Our Lad Toffee

Post by jackie »

Keep doing what you are doing Roy you are doing a great job, it is not easy but with time and patience I am sure you will have a lovely dog there. I have to say when I looked at the photos of Toffee with the grandchildren the first thing I noticed was that he seemed quite relaxed around them and it looks like he enjoyed their company. I am not sure what has happened to Toffee but sounds like he hasn't had a great start in his life so he needs a chance to get rid of his demons. Hope the police handler can help you understand him better, that is all is needs. Good luck and do let us know how you get on.

Jackie xx
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Just wondered how things were going with Toffee Roy? Not sure if John has managed to see this thread as he hasn't posted as yet.

Jackie x
royuk

Post by royuk »

Hummmm…I wonder if there is any truth in the big bang theory.

An update on Toffee:

I hope all is well with you and your dogs, and the firer works are not distressing them too much. Toffee is led and my feet and not to bothered.

The retired police dog trainer has been twice. After following his instructions Toffee now walks well on the lead without pulling. When he is off the lead, he will come back when called. He seems ok with other dogs when off the lead, but is not to keen on them when he is on the lead, but I'm working on it.

There is no problem with children. The problem he supposable had with the other owes chilled, doesn’t seem to have affected him with other children.

He likes his football and like it to be kicked about up at the playing fields, so he can go and get it and bring it back. He has walked up to Darwen Tower, and when we got back I just wanted a cup of tea, but Toffee when and got his football and wanted to play!!!

As I said last time, there was aggression towards my wife. He has always be good with my sister, but today when she put her coat on to leave he growled at her. So you will have to draw your own conclusions to why this appends.....

All in all he is coming along well

Tomorrow he goes to the vets for his injections. I was hopping to get his passed medical records, but that doesn’t look like it is going to happed, so he will have to stat from scratch.

Thanks to everyone for your support and help.
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Great to hear things are improving for you, sure the hard work will py off in the end. I wondered just the other day how you were both getting along. He looks a happy boy in your picture.

Ann x

:1951: :1944:
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

Good luck with him Roy, i'm sure all the hard work you're putting in will pay off.

jan xx
It is never too late.
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

You are doing a great job with him Roy, he is a gorgeous boy and it is clear that he trusts you which is what is important at this stage....maybe poor Toffee has a history with ladies, maybe someone has frightened him at some point, who knows, what is important is that you get some support and help. Hope things continue to improve for you all, do let us know how things go.

Jackie x
mollysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollysmum »

what a lovely picture of toffee, glad that things are going well with the training. keep up the good work.