A different Winter

A place to put general photos of your dogs - we love to see them

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jackie
Senior User
Senior User

A different Winter

Post by jackie »

Found these on my phone this week so I thought I would load them up on here. The first two are from last winter.....lovely snowy pictures, by this time last year we had had quite a bit of snow, this year nothing but rain! I am getting a bit sick of the rain now I have to say and love cold crisp winters, much nicer for dog walking!

This was on our usual walk, not a good picture of Maggie here but the snow and sun looked nice I thought! (Bella was away in the woods somewhere at this point!)

Can you spot the dog!

And just thrown in as it was on my phone too was one I took of them in the Summer, not often I get the two of them staying together for long!

Weather here today is rain again....anyone else sick of the weather at the moment?

Jackie x
triomum
Senior User
Senior User

Re: A different Winter

Post by triomum »

Sorry to say Jackie but it's beautiful here today - cold and crisp - and all weekend it was like your photos - minus the snow!
Hope it picks up for you soon.

Julie
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

Those photos are great!!! I do love the snow but only if we don't have to get to work!!!!!

Gill, Meg and Maisie

:s47: :s47: :s47:
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Lovely Pictures Jackie.

:s17:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

What fab pictures those are, I haven't seen snow like that round where I live for over 20 years. The dogs are lovely too. Yes i'm sick of the rain too, it's dry here today with a bit of sun but black clouds are gathering AGAIN!!!!

Ann x

:s9:
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
Cheryl

Post by Cheryl »

Wonderful pictures, thanks for sharing them I really enjoyed them.

:s130:

PS can I ask what phone took such great pictures? The reason is, I've got a Satio especially for its picture taking, but am having to have it replaced today as its faulty. If this one goes the same way (there is a software problem apparently), anything that can take pictures like those would be great for me.
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

Great pics, especially from a mobile. Have to agree with Gill though, don't like snow when I have to get to work for 5am (4am next week)

Sara
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Great pictures of scenery and your stunning dogs.

Not too keen on heavy snow but, love the bright crisp frosty sunny mornings. :s17:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

Gorgeous photos Jackie, keep meaning to try and make it up to harwood it looks a great place to walk the dogs, like you i'm sick to death of the rain, everywhere is like a bog around here & wet again today, i love snow, fingers crossed, it's forecast for the end of the week.

jan xx
It is never too late.
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Post by rhoda4 »

Wow! What fantastic winter scenes - and lovely summer one of the dogs. It's damp, dreary, wet, miserable and also a bit misty here in Leeds. Can't see without the light on. Chosen the wrong day to write Christmas cards.

Ann, Paul & Zac x

:s11:
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Brilliant photos love the snowy ones and the girls look really beautiful in the last one.

We've got grey skies and rain here in North Northamptonshire - it's horrid, cold as well. I'd prefer cold and crispy weather, at least you can wrap up warm and your dog comes home relatively clean, now it's a major wash every walk.

:s40:
Joan and George x
CarolynM
Webbyswife
Webbyswife

Post by CarolynM »

They are absolutely fabulous pictures Jackie. It looks lovely

Its grey and cloudy here in Blackpool

:s23:
Carolyn
Garyt
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Garyt »

Lovely photo,s Jackie, :thumbup:
I thought i was looking at my two,Bella similar build to jake and Maggie like a younger emma
looks like you,re going to get snow this week hoping it would stay off
while i got up to Northumberland on Boxing day but hey ho Jacky,s good with a shovel... :1939:
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Thanks for all your kind comments, you are right Gary I think I have spoken too soon as there is supposed to be snow and very cold temperatures blowing in from the East at the end of this week, that will teach me! Timing is not good as I am off to Ireland on Friday - just hope I get there! As said above, snow is fine if you have nowhere to go!
Cheryl wrote:Wonderful pictures, thanks for sharing them I really enjoyed them.

:s130:

PS can I ask what phone took such great pictures? The reason is, I've got a Satio especially for its picture taking, but am having to have it replaced today as its faulty. If this one goes the same way (there is a software problem apparently), anything that can take pictures like those would be great for me.
Cheryl, I am not sure what phone it is I will check it when my Son gets home from school, he is currently using mine as his one has broken so I said he can use it until his new one arrives for Christmas (he claims he needs it more than me....back to the teenager thread I am not sure boys are any easier than girls!).
janhind wrote:Gorgeous photos Jackie, keep meaning to try and make it up to harwood it looks a great place to walk the dogs, like you i'm sick to death of the rain, everywhere is like a bog around here & wet again today, i love snow, fingers crossed, it's forecast for the end of the week.

jan xx
Jan I would steer clear of Harwood as they heavily foresting up there at the moment and it can be quite lethal when the wagons are back and forth collecting the logs. Weekends are ok although they do sometimes work on a Saturday too, in the first picture above all the trees to the left are currently being felled so we can only walk on this bit at the weekend and then the track is like a mud bath. It is also time to cull the deer so again you have to keep an eye out for shooters, and to top it all the odd hunt sometimes loses its way and you end up with a pack of foxhounds running through the forest causing havoc! The best time to go up is definitely in the spring/summer months, it does seem a lot quieter although I was speaking to the Head Forester the other week and he was saying a lot of the trees are due to be felled so I am not sure if we are going to be able to walk up there much longer. We have started to go back to Thrunton for safety reasons as Harwood is a working forest and when they start to fell big time it can be dangerous for the dogs.

Jackie x
samsung
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by samsung »

:s44:
Very wet here in Derbyshire too & cold.
Why does Sammy the water rat LOVE swimming & paddling but can i get him to go out in the rain/drizzle, can i hell.
He HATES it, even thought about buying him a waterproof coat .... NO Way ( my husband said )
Quick as a flash out for his business & in again.
Do other people have this problem or is Sammy a big girls blouse ?????????

Sammy the water rat ... laying by a roaring open fire xx