Peppa puppy, weigh in and gang come to the rescue...........

Due to be put to sleep at 9 weeks old Peppa is now with the rescue where she will be cared for. Peppa now has a future - follow here progress here

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ablineth
Senior User
Senior User

Peppa puppy, weigh in and gang come to the rescue...........

Post by Ablineth »

Peppa puppy has been here a week today and has settled well and truly in. When she arrived she weighed 6.5 kilos ans somehow lacked the lovely loose skin of a lab pup and also some of the roundness, anyway a week of good feeding has paid dividends as she is now in much better condition and weighs.... drum roll please.... 7.8 kilos :love2: :love2: Whilst she is putting weight on she is still proving hard to get to eat, she likes to take food from your fingers or even the floor but dislikes her dish so you have to get her to taste it and lower your hand to the dish and then she will eat her meal although she eats heartily when she is fed alongside the others and whereas I feel sure they would not mind 4 meals a day especially braised lamb and goats milk and duck eggs I am afraid they are not going to be getting it. :rofl:

I have started grooming her a little, her attention span is that of a gnat so a few gentle strokes of the brush and hope she stands still, plenty of praise and a gravy bone will hopefully get her as excited about being groomed as the others.

Last night was so funny, she was lying down and Benson was lying near her with his tail gently wagging just under her nose, everytime it wagged past her she tried to grab it and then when she did get a hold her needle teeth made poor Benson turn around so quickly, poor lad must have thought he had been stung :1001:

Peppa like all pups loves shoes and she has made herself a den which is full of shoes and boot and my crocs which now have a few extra holes in them, no doubt Peppa thought they needed extra ventilation. Maybe I could offer the design to Crocs and they could be marketed as "Peppas" :rofl:

Peppa loves the sweeping brush and the mop and so I have devised a way of sweeping the kitchen floor without he swinging on the brush. I hold the brush outside the back door and she attaches herself to it, I then back into the kitchen and close the bottom half of the stable door with the brush and Peppa still outside, then I jiggle the brush so she lets go and I quickly bring it over the stable door and into the kitchen, simples :rofl: I can then sweep up in peace.

Yesterday evening the most amazing thing happened, I was weeding my "garden" by the back door and Bobby and Whitney the 2 pet lambs were at the fence seeing what I was doing, Peppa was sniffing at them through the netting and then Bobby doing what ram lambs like to do headbutted the netting near her, poor Peppa it made her jump and let out such a shriek. The rest of the gang were all dozing outside and when they heard pup yell they all jumped up with raised hackles and ALL of them lunged at the fence growling and snapping, please remember this lot are perfect with sheep. Once the lamb had moved away they turned to Peppa and sniffed at her and gave her a little nuzzle and a lick, it was truly amazing they were protecting the youngest and most vulnerable pack member, I was actually quite moved and amazed.
So to my lot, you are amazing and I love you all. :love2: :love2: :love2:

Washing continues and everyone is now programmed to if the washing machine has finished empty it and if there is stuff next to it put it on. We are trying to get her so if she has a nap go on a puppy pad but she will invarioubly go to the one bed or vet bed that has not been covered, we have removed all our dogs cushions to where she cannot get to them otherwise I would be washing them as well.

I have emailed loads of pics to Mr Webby and Glenys so hopefully some will find their way to the site soon. Uploading them to photobucket is impossible here as internet speeds are extremely low.

Ky and gang including Peppa puppy x
I am joy in a woolly coat, come to dance in your life, to make you laugh.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Re: Peppa puppy, weigh in and gang come to the rescue.......

Post by Glenys »

Enjoying Peppas blog Ky your lot are so good xx
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Lovely update, keep them coming IF you can find the time. When are having your cottage extended? :rofl:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Don't you just love them.Well done the gang for looking out for Peppa. :love2: :love2:

Brilliant blog Ky. :love3: :love3:

Kay.xx
Judynjake04
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Judynjake04 »

We love hearing what's going on at your place Ky, :rofl:
Looking forward to the next installment
:thumbup:
Leonette, Stuart and Rosie
Bev Rowley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Bev Rowley »

Big hugs for you all. :love2: :love2: :love2:

Bev, Alfie and Lily xxx
labradorlesley
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by labradorlesley »

Thank you Ky, for all your hard work. Lesley and Lillyx