Peppa --update.

Due to be put to sleep at 9 weeks old Peppa is now with the rescue where she will be cared for. Peppa now has a future - follow here progress here

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ablineth
Senior User
Senior User

Peppa --update.

Post by Ablineth »

Sorry for letting the blog slip but we have been busy with Hope and keeping you updated about her and time just seems to fly by ( I think that is something to do with getting older :1966: )

So what has Peppa puppy been up to, well she has discovered the joys of the hosepipe whether it is getting herself wet from the business end or sneaking behind me and pulling it from my hands so as I get wet :2012: either way it is an excellent new game especially because ALL the labs as well as Bob join in.

We did have a trip to the vets last week, Peppa was rooting about under the hedge and yelped she had a tiny scratch on her head, I bathed it but a couple of days later she yelped when I stroked her so off to the vets to see if it was infected, luckily it is not but she was on a little metacam for a few days till the swelling goes down ( which it now has).

Whilst at the vets there was a westie and poor dog was a quivering wreck it hated being there, Peppa growled and barked at it and really told it off and a tthe same time smiled and wagged her tail and licked a huge choccy boy sitting next to us, poor westie must have been traumatised.
Her voice is developing now and her puppy yap is slowly becoming a bark.

We had a bit of excitement the other night, Geoff locked the birds up whilst I cooked dinner, Peppa is now getting very good at going with him because at one point she would stay with me even if all the others went out, anyway last thing when I let the dogs out there was a duck by the back door, Geoff had thought I had locked up the ones down by the house, I thought he had locked them up. I picked it up and then looked for it's mate, no sign, so torches out and start looking. Wotsee and Bob love torch beams and chase where they hit something and guess who thought this was a great game , yep Peppa, so we are crawling about behind and under things, pitch black trying to hold a torch in one hand and Bob, Wotsee and Peppa all thinking it was a game. We could not find the duck so hoped it was tucked away somewhere safe and went to put the drake away and it would not go in the house so I shone the torch in and there was a hedgehog sitting in the middle of the duck house it took one look at me and rolled up and went to sleep. That is the first hedgehog I have seen since coming to Wales over 17 years ago. The duck turned up safe and well the next morning.

Peppa has a tickly spot, if you rub under her chin one of her back legs "pedals" like mad, it is hilarious.

The other day Peppa was sitting outside in the sun and something about the set of her jaw caught my eye so I had a good look and she is becoming undershot as her skull grows, I do not think it will be by much as her mouth was "true" when she was tiny.
We are rapidly approaching the teething stage and I noticed last night one of her tiny bottom teeth has gone although there is no sign of a large tooth yet so no doubt it was loose and has been pulled out in one of her many tuggy games with the others rather than been pushed out by her big tooth.

The peeing at night or when asleep or relaxed continues as does the washing, I am tonight putting her into the next size cage up in the hope that she can move to a dryer spot if needed rather than have to lie in one place. I am thinking of buying a packet of disposable nappies as there are things I want to do that her incontinence prevents. Peppa is getting too big and wriggly to nurse wrapped in a towel and so I have come up with the idea of a nappy. I want to take her for eg into a pub and teach her to sit and be patient but as soon as she relaxes she will pee we have done the sitting outside bit and she was happy to lie down but the wet mark on the concrete was a giveaway, just an idea. It is amazing how quickly she is growing as she is already onto her 3rd collar since arriving although her first one was actually only a cat collar to get her used to the feel.

Long dry days outside are a godsend and Peppa will snooze near to where we are working and fortunately grass does not need go through the washing machine. Car jouneys she adores and yesterday we were putting a new dog cage in the car and she kept jumping up at the back step so we lifted her up and she walked in to the cage and just lay down and peered down on the others as if to say " this is my spot, go away!" she has a large collection of toys in there and is perfectly happy which is great as there is nothing worse than a dog that does not travel well.

As you can read life continues its own mad pattern here somewhere between chaos and mayhem but we muddle on :rofl:

Ky and Peppa the peeing puppy
I am joy in a woolly coat, come to dance in your life, to make you laugh.
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Peppa --update.

Post by kayj »

Thanks for the update Ky on Peppa.Sounds like she is not only growing in size but confidence also.

:love2: :love2: :love2:

Kay.xx
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

I think nappies would be a great idea :thumbup: she certainly has a busy life, I don't know how she keeps up with everyone

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Ablineth wrote: I am thinking of buying a packet of disposable nappies as there are things I want to do that her incontinence prevents. Peppa is getting too big and wriggly to nurse wrapped in a towel and so I have come up with the idea of a nappy. Ky and Peppa the peeing puppy
Have used nappies for a cat in the past. We used to put them on back to front (so the tabs were on his back), cutting a slit from the waistband down to accomodate his tail stump.You just have to be careful not to leave them on for very long as with fur becoming wet, instead of bare bottom skin, even good old Pampers struggled to keep him entirely dry so he easily became sore. Worth a go for short periods though.
We did try them with our Lab Zak, who when elderly and infirm wee'd in his sleep but we just couldn't get a good fit (even with childrens/small adult size) so settled for disposable inconti sheets from the Red Cross shop (vat free if you don't tell them that the 'patient' isn't human!) to cover his bedding. They were not pretty but good and he and his bedding were dry.
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Willow »

Re nappies for Peppa; it may be worth considering 'pull-up' nappies. More difficult for her to remove than the sticky tab type.. :1955:
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

Lindsay2011
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lindsay2011 »

Re nappies for Peppa; it may be worth considering 'pull-up' nappies. More difficult for her to remove than the sticky tab type..
I used these for pops when she had a season and they are great x
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Post by rhoda4 »

Great to read the update on Peppa! :love2: :love3:

Ann, Paul & Zac x
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Great update Ky :thumbup:

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Am assuming the talk about nappies and nappy adjustment is because the made for doggies stuff is no good? Presume it is on sale in UK, I've seen "nappies for dogs" here. Perhaps it's because the French follow America more closely than UK. Not a product I've looked at, probably naff anyway.

Hilary
Judynjake04
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Judynjake04 »

Thanks for the update Ky, lovely to hear about her progress and antics. :rofl:
Regarding the nappies, I used them on Judy when she got incontinent in later years, just got the biggest and cheapest baby ones and they were fine as I changed them as soon as they were wet anyway, just cut a hole for her tail and put them on back to front.
:love2:
Leonette, Stuart and Rosie