Peppa into autumn...

Due to be put to sleep at 9 weeks old Peppa is now with the rescue where she will be cared for. Peppa now has a future - follow here progress here

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ablineth
Senior User
Senior User

Peppa into autumn...

Post by Ablineth »

I realised I have not put many updates about Peppa aka Pissy-Pup but she is still here, still adorable and yes still weeing.

Peppa has now lost the centre 2 front teeth top and bottom and has her new big grown up teeth so what with her having a protruding lower jaw it makes her look to be doing a bit of a toothy grin.

I realise there is so much she cannot do eg come and sit with us in the sittting room at night because as soon as she relaxes she pees so I did try the pamplers route, had a bit of a laugh in the supermarket realising I was at cross purposes with the sales assistant discussing ages and weights as she thought I had some sort of super sized baby :1966: when I explained it was for a puppy she tried to tell me I should be housetraining her not putting nappies on, anyway I explained and came away the proud owner of a pack of nappies. A bit of trial and error getting the tail hole in the right spot but we managed and so with plenty of help managed to get a nappy on her. I stood back so proud of myself and thinking how lovely as Peppa could now go where there are soft furnishings.

Mistake number one do not put a nappy on a puppy who is really not tired and mistake number 2 shut the other dogs especially Wotsee in the other room.

Peppa whizzed in circles trying to get at the nappy which of course kept following her and Wotsee regarded it as something to grab hold of whilst playing with her. Do you realise how many pieces a nappy can be shredded into? it looked like it had snowed. I can thoroughly recommend them as a way of amusing dogs.

Peppa is amazing at night she goes out for her last wee and then straight into her cage and settles down, on a morning when I get up and let them all out she comes out of her crate all excited and I get the cold wet peeey tail across the my legs as she fusses me, a great way to wake up. :1968:

Life goes on at its usual manic level here and Peppa has fitted in, she has discovered the joys of horse poo and in particular foal poo which is of course puppy sized and what fun it is to be chased around with a mouth full and being told to drop :2008: :2008:

Wotsee and Peppa are the best of friends and it never ceases to amaze us how the great lummox can tone his level of play down to suit her and when they play chase he almost gambols like a lamb rather than his usual steeplechase style. Grayse is her snuggle buddy, when they come in on an evening Grayse is nearly always the one she snuggles up to and chews her ears and cheeks and jowls, Grayse never even opens her eyes. Old Scooby is her ear cleaner and general sniffer all over to make sure she is ok, Mij teases her by holding a toy in his mouth and letting her jump and grab at it but will not let go and when she does get a hold they play tuggy, well actually Mij just sits there and Peppa growls and pulls for all she is worth, Sadie is her frisbee friend and they chase the frisbees together and Collie Bob is most definitely her friend with the ball and they have great games together.

You may remember I had lots of bucket lids which the dogs use as frisbees, well they are scattered all over the place, if a satellite looks down they are going to think we have some sort of strange disease on the land resulting in green and yellow spots!

Bobby and Whitney our 2 pet lambs like to play with the dogs as well ( weird place I have) they like to run a round with the dogs when they are chasing frisbees.

Peppa is absolutely bombproof with the birds, the other day I shut a door behind me to stop birds escaping and then a few minute slater realised I had shut Peppa in the stable, she was just sat there looking through the mesh, such a good girl. Peppa loves to lick Rory the foal on his nose when he leans over to sniff at her and snort at her.

When I pick my car keys up my lot all go to their beds but Peppa runs to the door she knows she is going out, she sits and waits for her lead and then when we get to the car she can now put her front paws on the back ledge--her paws by the way are exactly the same size as Grayse's-- I lift her into the carrying box with her toys and she settles straight down, I can leave her in the car and do my trolley dash or whatever and she is wonderful. Last weekend weleft her in her crate at home for around 20 minutes, this is the first time she has been left at home. I could hear her barking, it was her " why am I here bark" ratehr tha a distressed one and by the time I got to the gate she had stopped, when we gotback she was fast asleep which was fantastic. Of course every outing results in washing.

Autumn gallops on and with it here cooler weather and rain so I have put a clothes line up in the kennel run as it is under cover and gives the bedding a blow and can just be finished in the tumble dryer, thankfully Glenys has made sure I have plenty bedding so the urgency to dry it is not quite as desperate and we can easily manage a couple of days, although we do not want it mounting up it is far better to do it as it is dirtied.

So not much really to report except she is growing like mad, she is absolutely adorable if a little niffy at times, a joy, a pleasure and a darling.

Ky
I am joy in a woolly coat, come to dance in your life, to make you laugh.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Re: Peppa into autumn...

Post by Glenys »

Ky you are a real saint for this really you and Geoff are fantastic.
lets hope at the end of it all she is a normal dog xx
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Post by rhoda4 »

Loved reading the update on Peppa, your super sized baby. :rofl: :rofl: Your gang sound so brilliant with her and what a great life she is having with you all. Really hoping her problem will right itself in time.

Ky, you and your family are such special people for all you are doing for her. Thank you so much. :love3: :love3: :love3: And your dogs are pretty amazing too. :love5: :love5: :love5:

Ann, Paul & Zac x
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
Johndale
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Johndale »

They say that dogs reflect their owners. Yours certainly reflect your great generosity of spirit & are a credit to you both.

Thanks Ky & Geoff for caring for Pee Pee. :bighug:

John & Teddyxx
my bobby
Senior User
Senior User

Post by my bobby »

Lovely update Ky :love2:
The gang and of course you and Geoff :love6: are sooooo special. She is one lucky little girl to be with such a loving and dedicated foster family.

Carol and Bobby xx :2093: :2379:

Labradors are miracles with paws xx

Carol F :-
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Lovely update Ky it has really cheered me up reading about the antics of you guys in Wales. You are all doing such an amazing thing for Peppa, I hold my hat off to you all :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Oh my goodness. I was laughing, aaaahing and everything else, reading that!!

What a great account Ky. She has the gang well and truly sorted out - each with their role to play in making her little life complete!

Bless her, she's coming on in leaps and bounds, thanks to you.... :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Really enjoyed your update Ky,can't wait to see Peppa at the fun dog show.Many thanks again for taking such good care of her.

Kay.xx
Simbasmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Simbasmum »

What a lovely update and a very special Peppa Puppy she is - she sounds like a cheeky monkey, which is what Labrador puppies should be.
When one door closes another door ALWAYS opens- and we may never know what the grand plan is, but believe me, the universe will give you everything you deserve if you just have faith. Karma is a beautiful thing.
warrengl
Senior User
Senior User

Post by warrengl »

Its wonderful to hear how Peppa is growing up... any chance of some pictures? I know you have nothing better to do and plenty of time on your hands :rofl: :rofl:

Honestly though I don't know how you cope! :2008:

:love2: :love3:
Gill xx

Coco
Gone from our sight, but never our memories
Gone from our touch, but never our hearts
Makky
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Makky »

[quote=They say that dogs reflect their owners. Yours certainly reflect your great generosity of spirit & are a credit to you both.[/quote]

I couldn't have put it better myself
Bill Sandra & Rosie xx

Elwood 2000-2011
Sam 1988-2000

For ever in our hearts
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Lovely update Ky. I particularly enjoyed the paragraph on all the different ways Peppa plays or is treated by your gang. I also laughed at your nappy buying story. I do hope she can get over her problem and admire and thank you for your dedication to her. She does sound such a loveable ossity.

Hilary, Tuppence, William & Rowley