Peppa's latest week

Due to be put to sleep at 9 weeks old Peppa is now with the rescue where she will be cared for. Peppa now has a future - follow here progress here

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ablineth
Senior User
Senior User

Peppa's latest week

Post by Ablineth »

Another week of fun and washing has gone by and in true rescue style ups and downs or really downs and ups.

Peppa is growing like a weed, she has suddenly lost the chubby puppy look and all at once looks like a small dog, yet another collar outgrown and so into her 4th one but this one should last as it has lots of spare length. Although she is teething like mad so far touch wood the only thing she seems to have made her mark on are my blue crocs which have been an object of her desire ever since she arrived.

As usual an eventful week here, lots of visitors and Peppa runs to greet them all with such a waggy tail.
We had a dash out on friday morning to collect a young boy and Peppa came too, so far her longest car journey of nearly 2 hours each way and she was so good, just one toilet stop where she did what she had to do and then back into her rather posh Schmidt crate and settled. Our young temporary house guest although only about 6 weeks older than her was so much bigger in fact he was already the size of Grayse, anyway Peppa and Harley became instant best buddies which was wonderful as Harley had not had any canine company before, the raced and romped and then poor Harley came face to face with one of the birds and raced for cover, he was so scared bless him, Peppa just stood there looking all bemused and could not understand the problem.
Harley was not here long but Peppa certainly enjoyed having him here and I think the others enjoyed the rest although once he had gone Wotsee instantly became best buddy and playmate again.

The other day we were in the field cleaning the birds out and Peppa scuttled past me with her head down looking furtive and so obviously something in her mouth, her hackles went up when one of the others went towards her, I called her and she turned to look at me with the biggest brown egg in her mouth, what could I say, she was so pleased with herself so I told her it was fine and off she toddled to find a spot to enjoy her spoils, she kept dropping it onto the grass and of course nothing happened, the others were all sat in a circle watching, eventually her sharp needle like canines punctured it and she got her reward and the others enjoyed eating the shell.

Saturday my white judging coats were on the line and the geese pulled one down but not to worry because Peppa dragged it back down the drive before I could run up and rescue it so it had then to be soaked and boiled to get it clean again.

Washing--well what to say except it is a major part of our lives, we have finally given in to Glenys and are this week looking for a second washing machine that can be used for Peppa and any other rescue washing. Yesterday for example because the weather was so bad and we were not outdoors much Peppa generated 19 peices of bedding to be washed and dried as well as towels, I think you can appreciate that even on a quick wash this occupies the machine most of the day and of course as she gets bigger the output increases but also with winter fast approaching we will naturally be spending more of our days indoors and she will be dozing but as she dozes she off course wees the side effect of this is the wonderful aroma of warm pee which I fear we are becoming immune to but when my daughter visited on sunday she was wrinkling her nose :2009:

Our second huge delivery of puppy pads arrived this week, I think I need "Puppy pad opening" in the next Olympics as I feel I am now up to at least Platinum medal standard.

Peppa is really adorable and will be on the Rescue stand at the dog show this coming saturday and I really hope some of you can make it.

Ky and Peppa Stinky Pup :1968: :1968:
I am joy in a woolly coat, come to dance in your life, to make you laugh.
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Peppa's latest week

Post by kayj »

Well done Peppa in travelling so long with only one break. :bravo:

Also thank you for taking care of Harley whilst he was with you. :love3: :love3:

See you Saturday Peppa. :love2: :love2:

Kay.xx
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Thanks for the update Ky its nice to see an update hope all well with the washing xx
Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
Makky
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Makky »

Thanks for the update Ky...I don't know how you fit everything into ONE day :love3: hope you find another machine soon & everything goes well for you on Saturday..have you checked the forcast yet ? fingers & paws crossed it's dry :1939:
Bill Sandra & Rosie xx

Elwood 2000-2011
Sam 1988-2000

For ever in our hearts
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Great update Ky - and with the weather like this, you'll need another washing machine.

Hope all goes well on Saturday. Would have been there like a shot, but Tenerife beckons..... :1939: :1939: :1939:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Judynjake04
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Judynjake04 »

Thank you for the lovely update Ky, lots of good luck for Saturday
:1951: :1951:
Leonette, Stuart and Rosie
warrengl
Senior User
Senior User

Post by warrengl »

Another lovely update on Peppa! :love2:

Can I ask what her prognosis is, will she grow out of it or will she need an operation when she's older?
Gill xx

Coco
Gone from our sight, but never our memories
Gone from our touch, but never our hearts
Ablineth
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ablineth »

It is something that can quite literally just stop, what usually happens and what we are hoping is once she has her first season and all her muscles slacken once they tighten again her bladder sphincter will tighten.

Sometimes this can take 2 seasons, sometimes a daily hormone is needed sometimes an operation and sadly sometimes it is uncurable.

We are in the laps of the gods till her first season and I have already said if it is uncurable she has a home for life here.
I am joy in a woolly coat, come to dance in your life, to make you laugh.
warrengl
Senior User
Senior User

Post by warrengl »

Oh Ky you are a saint!! :love3: I will keep everything crossed for her! :love2: :love5:
Gill xx

Coco
Gone from our sight, but never our memories
Gone from our touch, but never our hearts
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Another fun week in Wales :bravo: lovely update Ky

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador