Another hectic week for Peppa puppy..........

Due to be put to sleep at 9 weeks old Peppa is now with the rescue where she will be cared for. Peppa now has a future - follow here progress here

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ablineth
Senior User
Senior User

Another hectic week for Peppa puppy..........

Post by Ablineth »

Another week has flown by with us all being as busy as ever.

Peppa continues to grow and now has 4 of her adult teeth all at the front and with her slightly protuding lower jaw looks as though she is grinning.

The start of last week was terrible weather which of course meant we were indoors a little more than ususal which of course means more washing so I finally gave in to Glenys and went and picked a washing machine that can be kept for Peppa and so freeing ours up so I can do our laundry. :thumbup:

One of the first things anyone says when they meet Peppa is "look at her feet" , yes she does have large paws and boy does she know how to use them :1968: :1968: anyone who needs an olympic sized pool excavating or footings digging do not bother hiring in a jcb just borrow Peppa, I have never known a dog get as much pleasure from digging in my life I just wish she would pick her places better as she just digs where the fancy takes her eg in the middle of a gate,by a chicken house entrance or some other equally unsuitable place. When we lock the birds up and Geoff is walking from house to house he will put his foot in a new hole and you can hear him muttering " b***** dog!!!" :1967: :1967:

Friday saw us at the centre getting the Rescue stall ready and setting up for the dog show, of course Peppa came too. In fact when I pick my car keys up she walks to the door and looks at me as if to say "where are we going now, come on I am ready" :1966:
Peppa had a great time, Kay took her for a walk--eventually--once Kay had persuaded Peppa to leave me :lol: :lol: Peppa stays in her crate in the car queen of all she surveys, back door open watching all the tooing and froing and people stopping to talk to her, it is just like she is holding court. Quite honestly she is not a scrap of bother.

Saturday saw us at the Centre again for the show, Peppa was on the stand and as already posted on here was a hit especially with 2 little girls who very kindly bought her a cuddly monkey.
Shows are now the norm for Peppa and she happily meets people ,snoozes, has a little walk and snoozes again. This little pup will have met more people in her short life than I bet many dogs do in their entire life. The stand raised enough to buy her a special bed which we feel will benefit her.

Sunday was supposed to be us on a showground ( I know again!!) setting up but for various reasons late on saturday evening it was decided to postpone to friday coming perhaps as well as late on saturday I had a text from Glenys about some dogs that needed collecting.

Sunday I made the phone call and forwarned from Glenys that it was going to be sad one Geoff, Peppa and I set off to collect the dogs. Peppa as usual was perfect in the car. Glenys was correct it was a real tear jerker but the dogs were collected. We loaded one dog into the empty side of the double carrier and then got Peppa out and changed the vet bed ( we travel with a pile of it) and put the other dog in, Peppa we put across the back of the car between the crate and the tail gate.

Driving up the motorway to MKF I felt hot breath on the back of my neck somehow Peppa had wriggled down the gap at the side, I did not think she would fit. I told her off and she went back, then a few minutes later Geoff said he had a paw on his shoulder, I looked and somehow the little madam had wriggled down the other side, I said in my best cross voice "Peppa" and she turned and gave me a toothy grin, I then realised that everytime she goes in her crate she is given a small treat we had put her in the back of the car and had forgotten.Luckily I had the box of gravy bones in the front with me and gave her one, once she had that she wriggled back and settled perfectly, such a clever girl.

At MKF she met Aunty Glenys, Uncle Sam and Aunty Gina again who all agreed she is beautiful :love2: :love2: and has grown so much. We went into the house where she met Glenys's dogs no problem, huge Golly fine , then Pat the pug appeared and Peppa was scared, Pat is smaller than Peppa and yet for some reason Peppa was most unsure of her.

So we swapped dogs, I left the collected ones with Glenys and loaded the one to come here.
Geoff has said we should have started a log to see how many miles she travels because she absolutely adores being in her little house in the car and going somewhere.

So another busy week and of course washing, mountains of it but a second machine is going to make life simpler and as Geoff said " just think I can get up to the sound of 2 machines rather than just the one......" :rofl:

At the moment we number 12 here ( I have my friends 4 long haired rug rats whilst she is on holiday) life is busy but never dull :rofl:
I am joy in a woolly coat, come to dance in your life, to make you laugh.
Bev Rowley
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Another hectic week for Peppa puppy..........

Post by Bev Rowley »

12 dogs Ky, how on earth do you manage!

These are for you :love3:

Bev, Alfie and Lily xxx

Had Lily spayed yesterday, she is absolutely fine and greeted me this morning with a toy ready to play. Don't know how I am going to keep her quiet for the next 10 days :1968:
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Lovely update Ky she is going to make someone a lovely friend - if you can bear to part with her . She does have a busy time of it.

Bev I hope Lilly is ok, sending :bighug: :bighug: s to her & you :love3: :love3:

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Lovely update Ky.

See you tomorrow Peppa. :love2: :love2: :love2:

Kay.xx
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Post by rhoda4 »

Great to read the Peppa update. :love2: :love3:

Ann, Paul & Zac x
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Lovely update. :love3: :love2:

Don't know how you keep the pace up!

Hilary, Tuppence, William & Rowley
warrengl
Senior User
Senior User

Post by warrengl »

OMG! 12 dogs! You must be barking! :2019: :rofl:
Gill xx

Coco
Gone from our sight, but never our memories
Gone from our touch, but never our hearts
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Had a trip out today with Ky and Peppa ,we went to meet Otis off the ferry from Ireland.

Peppa gave him one of her welcomes and let him nose in her bucket of toys and treats.

:love5: :love5: :love5:

Kay.xx
Judynjake04
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Judynjake04 »

Lovely update Ky, thanks for taking the time to post it, I don't know how you manage.
:love3:
Leonette, Stuart and Rosie