Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Little Norrie update

Post by Glenys »

From Ky:

weekend update on Little Norrie

We can see an improvement in him as he is certainly a lot happier and more relaxed and we really hope it is not the wish being father to the thought, I suspect that is down to the fact that he is getting used to being here and feels more at home. Remember I said he slept in the tightest of balls as if he had belly ache but had gradually relaxed, well see the attached photo, talk about relaxed!!

Yesterday when were out in the snow defrosting water etc he got hold of a twig and held it so proudly, he had found it all by himself and he looked as pleased as punch. He can still be very unstable on his legs but bless him he has no muscle, he is fine in a straight line but if he turns quickly after one of the others he topples over just like a baby deer.
Still no results from the vets but will start chasing monday morning, I am desperate to weigh him but the weather kept us in but will take him monday morning as we just need to know!!!

I am keeping a food diary and so far, touch wood, everything he has has agreed with him. His appetite is good now and the quantity of food he gets through in a day is unelievable, we reckon it would keep 3 or 4 good sized labs, plus he has extras to try to build him up.
His kibble is still being soaked to make it more easily digestible.
Our day starts at 6am wih his breakfast of soaked kibble and something like steamed fish or steamed chicken ( without the skin), snack around 10 am, lunch at 1pm, snack at 4pm, tea at 6.30pm and supper of soaked kibble with a couple of either poached or lightly scrambled duck eggs at 11pm,I firmly believe " strength goes it at the mouth", we have not had a single runny poo since he arrived, we are keeping food diaries as well as taking photos of poos!!!

He has taken to walking into the living room climbing onto my knee with his front legs and looking straight into my eyes and giving me a big slobbery lick, not as pleasant as it sounds as he is on a very high fish diet and so his breath leaves a little to be desired.

Yesterday as a treat and I suppose an experiment, as we were stuck indoors because of the weather the dogs all had a chew each, Norrie had a very plain " sterilised hide" chew which he eventually having watched the others figured out what to do, he enjoyed it tremendously AND no ill effects afterwards.

He follows me about and is sat at my feet as I type this. We are desperate to know what his problem is but in the meantime he has a personal chef and is in 5 star luxury.

me

:love5:

Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
liz
New User
New User

Re: Little Norrie update

Post by liz »

A truely great update and such dedication, bless him.
Johndale
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Johndale »

Thanks Ky for the update. I also believe that the road to recovery & strength lies through the food you feed dogs....as for humans.
Norrie's nourishing diet is clearly working. I can't wait to hear the results of the tests.

We are all rooting for you Norrie.

:2362:

John & Teddyxx
warrengl
Senior User
Senior User

Post by warrengl »

That's one extremely content pooch! :love5:

:2383:
Gill xx

Coco
Gone from our sight, but never our memories
Gone from our touch, but never our hearts
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

That's one extremely content pooch!

Absolutely :love5:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

Have to say Ky, your updates on Norrie just get better and better. Your 5 star treatment is working a treat - thank you so much, these are for you :love3:

Still got everything crossed for Norrie and will wait eagerly for your next update.

Alison x
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Bless him, he looks adorable and very happy - thanks for the update.

I think he has put some weight on and I am also thinking that maybe in th past he was fed a food which didn't agree with him, he then had upset tummy so he was starved then fed again same thing happening and so a vicious circle resulting in him being like he is now. I am praying for good results, fish is really good for dogs with IBD so maybe this is his problem, hopefully we will find out tomorrow.

Come on little lad we are all willing you well.

Love and gentle hugs

Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
Honeybunny
New User
New User

Post by Honeybunny »

This little chap is a fighter, made possible by your love n encouragement.

Hope the progress continues and test results are what you expect.

With our thanks and gratitude to you for what you do and love to you all,

Em n Al
X
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

I love the picture of him in his bed :love2: x
Emma
Patmar
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Patmar »

It is so heartwarming to see the small improvements each day. Everything crossed for some good news from the vets.

You work so hard with him and give him so much love. Thank you.

Love

Pat, Zach and Jake
x x x
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Great positive update.

I'm thinking along the same lines as Michelle. I know we can't guess what may be wrong, but whatever it is, if it were untreatable or something deteriorating, I don't think Norrie would be making the obvious improvement (in fact, he may not have lived this long, considering the condition he was in).

I feel very positive about Norrie :1939: :1939: and his five star rehabilitation seems to be working a treat. Great stuff, Ky :love3: :love3: :love3: :love3: :love3:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Ky and the Vet have no doubt a lot of his problems were bad keep and ignorance and that a few days more he would not have had to be PTS he would had died :2012: there i've said it.
For him to turn around in a week we have hope but he is still not out of the woods yet.

If it is EPI which the owners vets suggested then he should not be fed any kind of cereal so when asked did they feed him cereal the person replied no we feed him pasta :1001: well work it out cant say anymore as really dont want to upset anyone suffice to say thank GOD he came to us.

A word too about Ky all I can say is she has the patience of a saint,she is kind hearted and brave
you only have to read poor Peppas story to realise that sometimes we cant save them all.
I can write the cheques to these Vets but its the care and nursing that often brings about a miracle .........hopefully.

Norrie reminds me of Sunny a dog I fostered a long time ago he was so starved he weighed just 16 pounds and at deaths door as with Norrie there was no light in his eyes and his body shutting down he had a happy ending lets hope little Norrie with all us lot rooting for him has a happy ending story.

PS lets agree that he could have received better care in his home but no use getting steamed up on here he is safe thats all that matters and its what we do best .
Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
eamonnmoore
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eamonnmoore »

great work ,he is looking more like a labbie everyday :1964:
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Willow »

This update makes my heart soar. You are not imagining his improvement Ky; it's plain to see in the photo diary this week.
In today's pic, Norrie must be thinking, 'Ah, I could get used to this..'
A massive cheer to all at Cae Jacob - aka Claridges :1968: :1968:
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

:bighug: :bighug: Norrie.

Lovely to see Norrie relaxed in his bed. :love2: :love2:

Thanks Ky and Geoff and the gang for helping Norrie on his way to recovery. :love3: :love3: :love3:

Hope you get the results soon from the vets.

Kay.xx