Results now in Little Norrie

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Results now in Little Norrie

Post by Glenys »

Glenys Fryer

Results in and its as we thought it is NOT EPI he has an intolerance to soya wheat and rice but if this had been done before his owner wouldnt have been slowly killing him with bad feeding regime it makes me angry that people can see a dog starving before their very eyes and not do a thing about it .
here is Kys report Im sure everyone will be very relieved dear little Norrie got to us when her did............

From Ky

Little brave Norrie DOES NOT have epi, he has very mild pancreatitis but that is due to increased urea levels because of the way he has been treated.

His liver function is fine, phew that was another worry for me, his kidney function is fine again phew I am much relieved.

He is TOTALLY intolerent to wheat, rice and soya and so being fed a diet that was 43% grain based and then on pasta was basically poisoning him every meal.

This poor lad has been in pain ALL his life and has been a victim of gross ignorance.

Whilst I am sooooo relieved we know what is wrong with him I am incredibly angry at the thought that this lad was so very close to death through the gross neglect and ignorance of his owner.

The vet wants him to stay with me till he reaches a near normal weight and he has to go for weekly weigh ins and check ups and I am to carry on as I am and now maybe increase the fat and protein in his diet slightly by including a little more red meat.
Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
Johndale
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Results now in Little Norrie

Post by Johndale »

It would be interesting to know the range of tests that were carried out by the Vet particularly for others who suspect intolerances in their dogs.

John & Teddyxx
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

I'm so glad that he does not have EPI, and i'm another one who cannot believe that someone could watch their dog slowly starving to death, considering his intolerances would a BARF diet suit him ? i can see a happy healthy future ahead for this gorgeous boy.

jan xx
It is never too late.
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

[quote][/i can see a happy healthy future ahead for this gorgeous boy.

jan xxquote]

No doubt in that Jan
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Such wonderful news I can see this boy having a completely normal happy life now.

Thank you again Ky, Geoff & gang

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Post by rhoda4 »

Fantastic news! :thumbup:

Thank you Lab Rescue for saving Norrie. :love3: :love3: Nurse Ky, the love, care and dedication you, your family and gang show all these poorly dogs is amazing. Thank you so much. :love3: :love3:

Wishing Norrie a wonderful future, free from the pain he has suffered. :2385:

Ann, Paul & Zac x
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Oh that is good news onwards and upwards his life now begins. As for the owners well lets just say Norrie had a lucky escape and he is in a far better place now.

Jackie x
Dwaine Dibbley
New User
New User

Post by Dwaine Dibbley »

It's wonderful news to hear that you have got a diagnosis that can be treated.
Such a shame that he has had to suffer for so long.
It's no wonder that he rests his head on your legs, its as if he's saying, "thank you for saving me".
You hear and read about so much negativity and cruelness in people, so glad there are kind patient people like yourselves.

Thank you.

Gentle hugs to Norrie.
Simbasmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Simbasmum »

This is fablous news - we are so pleased he is on the road to full recovery and congratulations to all of you and especially to Ky for not giving up on him
When one door closes another door ALWAYS opens- and we may never know what the grand plan is, but believe me, the universe will give you everything you deserve if you just have faith. Karma is a beautiful thing.
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

I'm so pleased about this and thought from the very beginning that this maybe the case - especially when, in the first week, he put on some weight.

Two things bother me....

Will the people who gave him into Labrador Rescue get to know about this? I feel that they should certainly know that they caused Norrie totally unnecessary suffering because, who knows, it might happen again.

Why did no neighbours etc come forward to report the poor boy? If I saw a starving dog I certainly would have rattled someone's cage and alerted them.

Just don't get how anyone these days, with all the information feely available can't understand the basics of feeding a dog with the correct diet.

:2012:

And thank you Ky for looking after this little man who is now thriving in your care. :love3:
janste
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by janste »

:thumbup: brilliant news well done to everyone involved with the care of norrie :bravo: iam sure norrie is going to have a wonderful life full of love and care :love5: aww must send :love5: to the gang :2379: for friendship :love6: shown to norrie you must be very special dogs and ky a very special pack leader :1971:
janste morgan and alfie
need a best friend?adopt a labxxx
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

This is great news and it is so wonderful to know Norrie is well on his way to a very happy life thanks to Ky's gentle and loving care and our rescue! :love5:
Emma
puppywalker
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by puppywalker »

I agree with Lynne, it's hard to understand how nobody else saw the state this poor dog was in. :blue:

I also worry that his previous owners could so easily go out and get another dog....it really doesn't bear thinking about. :2012:

All I can say is that cases like this that put the real meaning into the word 'Rescue'

Thanks to everyone involved in getting him on the road to recovery.

Helen, Blake and Milly
I try to keep my dogs slim and fit. I wish they would do the same for me!
arlyj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by arlyj »

so, so relieved at these results

:love2: you concentrate on building up your strength and learning how to live now little Norrie :love2:

:bighug: to Ky & the gang for giving him the best care and start to his new life

Arlyn xx
Labs - mud, hair, drool, love, laughs, life.....
Blakey
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Blakey »

This is such good news and a massive relief to everyone, especially those closest to Norrie at the moment. Thankfully now, he can start to live a normal happy life.

Sending big gentle cuddles to this gorgeous boy :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5:

Love

JOANNE

XXX
Blake - My Special Boy, Forever In My Heart