Norrie gets a parcel

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Norrie gets a parcel

Post by Glenys »

To preserve Kys shoes etc I decided Little Norrie may not have had a good Christmas so thanks to our supporters there was enough Christmas goodies to make a belated parcel up and we received some chews too this week so some of those too........ to also share with his new friends :love5:

here is the Norrie News

Norrie has had a good day not least because his parcel from Aunty Glenys arrived chock full of goodies. I do not think he has ever seen so many goodies so I told him he had a lot to make up for the Christmas's where he was too poorly to have fun.
As you can imagine the gang were all sniffing the air especially when the bag of pigs ears was opened but they all had a firm no and they must wait till after supper when a pigs ear each may buy peace for 10 minutes.

Picture no 1 in when I put the box on the floor and Norrie had not a clue what to do with the contents and pic no 2 is where he is brave enough to sniff very carefully at a pigs ear. Out of camera shot are the gang all sat waiting patiently and WILLING the pigs ears or the snowman or anything to fly out in their direction.

Had a laugh in Asda today whilst Norrie shopping on the fish counter, the conversation went something like this,

me-- Hello have you any large pieces of salmon please

guy--yes certainly madam I will have a look

me--it is cheaper to buy a big piece isn't it?

guy--yes madam, the price is cheaper for the sides

me--great I will take one please

by this point there is a queue forming and people muttering about this woman who wants a whole side of salmon..

guy-- would you like some flavoured butter with the salmon

me-yes please, I will have the garlic, his breath stinks of fish so why not garlic as well, last night he gave me such a slobbery kiss and his breath was awful.

Now you have to realise the lovely man on the fish counter knows all about Norrie bt no one in the queue had a clue what I was on about and were giving me funny looks as I was openly talking about big slobbery kisses and smelly fish breath.

As I turned to walk away I got some most peculiar looks..

The nice girl on the checkout was quite chatty and said when the liver went through " i never know how to cook liver" so I said "oh its for the dog so I just boil it" then the copious tins of sardines came down " would you like the box they are in?" so I replied " yes please they are easier to store, they are for the dog" so jokingly when the 2 chickens came down she said " are these for the dog" with a huge grin on her face " oh yes " I replied " and the side of salmon" I am sure she thought I was kidding but I can just imagine the conversation around the table at tea break.

Simple thing please simple minds but I found the whole thing hilarious, anyway chickens are braising, salmon is steaming and the house has an odd mixture of smells.

We had a couple of visitors today and Norrie is so pleased to meet peoiple and have a fuss. He had a good grooming this afternoon and I got loads and loads of dead hair off him so he hopefully feels better, I know I was so pleased to finally groom him. He loved it arching his back intot he brush and almost grinning.

So as day 19 draws to a close it is hard to imagine what here was like just over 2 short weeks ago before Norrie, one thing is for sure life is never dull.

Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
Judynjake04
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Norrie gets a parcel

Post by Judynjake04 »

Hilarious story, I would have loved to have been in Asda and watched the reaction of the rest of the shoppers in the queue. Thank you for brightening my day x
:rofl:
Leonette, Stuart and Rosie
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Tears in my eyes for all the right reasons. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Great story. :love3:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Bev Rowley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Bev Rowley »

Lovely update and photo :love2: :love2: :love2:

Bev, Alfie and Lily xxx
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Lins wrote:Tears in my eyes for all the right reasons. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Great story. :love3:
Same here :rofl: I so look forward to his daily blog

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

I bet Norrie couldn't believe the parcel,his pics are lovely :love5:

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh Ky - wonderful!!!
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Brilliant.Loved the picture.

Kay.xx
warrengl
Senior User
Senior User

Post by warrengl »

Another great update on Norrie! :love5:

:2383:
Gill xx

Coco
Gone from our sight, but never our memories
Gone from our touch, but never our hearts
playpen
Senior User
Senior User

Post by playpen »

Hi Ky, We scan for your posts morning and nights and sometimes in between.They are better than the soaps.
You are the ST Teresa of Lab rescue and your outstanding labours are much appreciated by all the supporters.

Another doggie supermarket conversation.

A lady was at the checkout when the cashire noticed a box of winalot biscuits and remarked "You have a dog.
No said the lady they are for me I am on the Winalot diet plan.
Whenever I feel Hungry I nibble on one of the biscuits till the hunger pangs subside,However it does have its drawbacks and has put a poor lady in hospital.
Yes, she stepped of the pavement to sniff a St Bernard's bottom and got hit by a car. :1968:
HAVE HOPE FOR THE FUTURE