Norrie - Monday

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Norrie - Monday

Post by Glenys »

A bit better news and a photo which shows how wonderful dogs are it shows poorly Norrie being watched over by Kys Collie Bob its such a touching photo.....................

Come on Norrie you have to get better xxxxx

From Ky

Norrie slept well which is more than can be said for me, the vomiting stopped so the injection must have worked.

This morning he was pleased to see Geoff when he got up and made a fuss of him.

He is back to square one on the eating front--not at all interested in anything not even his favourite lamb. The only thing he has eaten is a little bit of roast ham from when I was doing Geoff's sandwiches.

I would not believe how much weight could drop off him so quickly, his ribs which were covering are now prominant again and his eyes seem to have sunk back into his skull.

He takes his medicine but you can tell he hates it, I will keep trying to tempt him to eat, fortunately he is drinking and thank goodness he had put some weight on or this would have finished him off.

Ky

Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Norrie - Monday

Post by Diesel Kate »

Ky, Let us hope this is just a bug.

A few months ago I had a problem with Meg who was vomiting, would not eat and even fell asleep in her water. Within 24 hours of her being given medication she was back to near normal.

Keeping everything crossed and sending Healing Thoughts to Little Norrie. :love4: :love4:

These are for you Ky :love3:

Lovely Photo just goes to show dogs do understand and he is obviously giving him some comfort. :love2:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Willow »

I've been looking out for this post and am so relieved that little Norrie has rallied slightly after a good nights sleep :love2: Gorgeous Bob's affections must have been such a comfort too; beautiful photograph :love2:
I guess none of us would feel like eating after a bout of sickness, so let's hope this was just a temporary setback and that our beloved Norrie continues to pick up as the day progresses.
Ky, you must feel like a complete zombie after the last 24 hours. We all know you are a human dynamo but please try to take it easy, for one day at least; the nurse needs TLC too :1972:
Will continue with the healing thoughts from here xx
Last edited by Willow on 11 Feb 2013, 12:39, edited 1 time in total.
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Thank goodness for a glimmer of hope. I was awake at 2am this morning and was thinking about Ky, who was probably awake keeping watch. At the same time, I said a prayer for Glenys, Sam and Gollie for this week. I've been lying in bed with my fingers crossed for most of the night.

I hope this is just a glitch and that Norrie can be tempted to eat. Would it be worth trying essence of chicken? I think you get it from a chemist - Ian once had a very poorly cat that wouldn't eat anything. It went on for days, to the point where he thought they were going to lose her - essence of chicken was recommended and it did the trick and pulled her round.

All crossed for Norrie - come on little chap, eat for us!

Gorgeous photo... :love5: :love5:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
warrengl
Senior User
Senior User

Post by warrengl »

Coco has also been a bit poorly the past week so hopefully this is just a blib! Sending gentle hugs to Norrie and keeping everything crossed that he starts to impove soon. :love3: :love5:

The photo is lovely... Well done Bob for looking after Norrie :2383:
Gill xx

Coco
Gone from our sight, but never our memories
Gone from our touch, but never our hearts
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Have been so worried about this boy, I am glad to hear he seemed brighter this morning. I can understand him not wanting to eat - even though it must be such a worry - Barney had a terrible bug last year, it was very worrying and he would not open his mouth for food at all and wasn't his usual self, after about 3 days he turned a corner, then it was fish and chicken all the way.

Come on little lad we are all wishing you well

Gentle hugs

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
davies3
New User
New User

Post by davies3 »

Big hugs to u norrie :bighug: :bighug:
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

BIG GENTLE HUGS FOR NORRIE

Come on Norrie have another good sleep today and then just eat a little :1971: Ky you must feel exhausted I remember when Khan was ill with kidney failure he wouldn't eat and you just try absolutely everything and your brain just goes round and round trying to find the one thing that will make them better. As Joanna has said above please take care of yourself too, Ky, I was like a zombie through lack of sleep.

More positive and healing thoughts for you all :love5: :love3: :love3:

Joan x
Joan and George x
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

So glad to hear Norrie has stopped vomiting and lovely to see him cuddled up with Bob. Here's hoping he gets his appetite back soon. What a worry for you Ky.

Sending you all a :bighug:

Alison x
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Come on Norrie, you have so much support here, and together with Ky and Bob's nursing, we hope you soon feel strong enough and fit enough to get back to at least where you were before your sickness.

I know there is a long way to go. Let's pray the weight loss was just a blip, it's so easy to lose when you dont have any. Not that I am an expert on that you understand. I would give you loads of mine if I could.

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Sending :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: s & healing thoughts to all at Cae Jacob, I so hope this is just a blip & that Norrie tries to eat a little more although I can imagine if he isn't a foody anyway he may just not fancy anything no matter how delicious.

Keep strong little man you are all in my thoughts & prayers. Lovely picture of him & Bob

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
maxie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by maxie »

Oh Norrie, you poor little boy, keep fighting.
Sending healing thoughts, and big hugs for Ky and Geoff,

Joan xx
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Hope he is ok, poor lad doesn't seem to have much luck. Lets hope it is just a bug or something he hasn't eaten that has upset his little system.

Jackie x