DUMFRIES HOLIDAY COTTAGE

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Caron1970
Advanced User
Advanced User

DUMFRIES HOLIDAY COTTAGE

Post by Caron1970 »

http://www.escapetogalloway.co.uk/carsebuie/

If you want a really quiet, secluded getaway I would recommend here.

We have just spent a week there. 4 adults, 2 children and 2 dogs (they take up to 3 dogs) They even supply dog towels !. Loads of baby equipment if you have young ones.

Personally would think it would be a squash with 10 people was but great for the 6 of us and another 2 wouldn't have made it too full either.

There's various garden areas, a small wooded area. Outdoor dog garden where you can leave your dogs plus an indoor kennel with outdoor run - we didn't use them so couldn't comment on how dog friendly it was.

Games room with ping pong table was a huge hit with our children and I didn't venture in to the gym.

Newton Stewart has a few supermarkets and Kirkcowan is the nearest place, 4 miles away with a village store and a pub !

They also have another property in Gallieston which is on a link on the website with an outdoor swimming pool.

We booked a week before and haggled them down on the price. I think £1400 for May half term was rather expensive but we didn't pay that.

Caron
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Re: DUMFRIES HOLIDAY COTTAGE

Post by tosca100 »

Looks lovely for nature watchers like us, but a bit pricey for just the two of us.

Glad you enjoyed your hols....any pics?

Sara
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous