Haven holidays

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

janine

Haven holidays

Post by janine »

We decided we would like to go away with my mum, dad and sister this year.
My mum has just rang me to tell me she has booked a holiday for us in pwllheli, north wales she only had to pay half price because she paid in full now.

Anyway she has booked with Haven holidays for £275.00 for 5 adults & 2 dogs mon-friday self catering in july, next to the beach in an apartment.
It has an on site indoor swimming pool, and lots of pubs and restaurants to go to in the evenings.
Lots of places to go out of camp too.

What a bargain I cant wait to go
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Haven holidays

Post by jackiem »

That sounds lovely!
I remember going to the Butlins holiday camp there in the sixties and I had such a wonderful time that I was bawling my eyes out because I didn't want to go home. My mum still mentions it from time to time even now! :1941:
Jackie
janine

Post by janine »

its the same camp just butlins sold it to haven. I used to go every year when I was little with my mum, dad and grand parents. Had a lovely time. its not as good as when butlins had it. The fun fair has gone and the little train to the beach and the cable cars. They have alot more caravans now. Last time I went was about 5 years ago.
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

janine wrote:its the same camp just butlins sold it to haven. I used to go every year when I was little with my mum, dad and grand parents. Had a lovely time. its not as good as when butlins had it. The fun fair has gone and the little train to the beach and the cable cars. They have alot more caravans now. Last time I went was about 5 years ago.
I think I still have the children's club camp badge, possibly 1963. I was only 7 but I just loved the freedom and all the free rides and things to do. Wonderful!
Jackie
CarolynM
Webbyswife
Webbyswife

Post by CarolynM »

Ohh thats a blast from the past!!

We were there when Elvis Presley died 1970 something :roll:
Carolyn
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

That is exceptional value. Hope you have a lovely time :bounce:

Jackie x
jillwild

Post by jillwild »

we are going to prestaven sands on the 3rd with our boo. first family dog hol.cant wait to see him bounce on the dunes, hope to grab some great pics for you all. this is the first time weve done hols with boo, we are really looking forward to it. let you know how weve got on when we get back. ps its only £10 for ur fury friend[cheaper than them scary children things] hee hee. lv jill boo n family 2
playpen
Senior User
Senior User

Post by playpen »

We Took Taffy for a Mon-Fri break to this camp last Sept.
It has been completely revamped since I took my children in the 70's.
The accomodation is basic but clean and the camp has restraurants,bars ,swimming pool,shops and an entetainment hall.
There is a wood on camp for a stroll off lead but they like the dogs to be on lead elsewhere.
We went half board and could not fault the food.Taffy is an assistance dog therefore we can take him in the pubs,restraraunts and shops.The waitresses passed him tit-bits at breakfast time and slipped us the cold sliced meat left over at tea-time and made a fuss of him.
The beach at phwelli is dog friendly.We had a nice relaxing holiday.Hope you enjoy yours.
HAVE HOPE FOR THE FUTURE
jillwild

Post by jillwild »

hi all, our haven hol went great! we went last year for a quick break minus our bailey [as we didnt have him then] as we had booked this one including boo, i thought maybe we may get a bit of a scruffy caravan. how wrong was i! new carpets and fantastic spot. we all had a fab time and did lots of travelling around wales. as we took more of the family we had to take two cars, [i had to follow hubby, of course] but he had bailey in the back, so all we saw [driving wise] was this great big happy smiling lab face to follow, as he smiled, i smiled, what a fab hol. he loved his time out and about, loved running between our and grandmas caravan and everyone on sight was so friendly, our boy had a ball. also his outings to the sandunes, morning n tea, made his weekend. boy did he sleep when he got home.fab hol[just stay away from what they call entertainment in the club house of a evening, even my 7 yrs old hates it].we had a great cheap break for 3 adults and 4 children all for under £300. including the main man Bailey boo.lv jill boo n family2
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Glad you had a good time Gill. Sounds as though Bailey had great fun!
Jackie