A bit of luxury and you can take the dogs...

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Cheryl

A bit of luxury and you can take the dogs...

Post by Cheryl »

We're off to Northumberland for a few days in November. As its a belated treat for John's birthday, we've gone for a bit of extra luxury :1951:

The cottages look beautiful and its such a lovely part of the world. Dogs seem really welcome, and on the booking form you can even order a small, medium or large dog bed :1966:

Here's a link to their page about dogs: http://www.coquetcottages.co.uk/dogs-welcome.htm
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Re: A bit of luxury and you can take the dogs...

Post by Gemma T »

Wow that looks great!!!
Have fun!!
Gemma x
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

Love Northumberland and these cottages look great!!!! Will be looking to book a week next year if not sooner!!!! :1941: :1941:

Have a great time!!

Gill, Meg and Maisie
:occasion7: :occasion7: :occasion7:
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

It is lovely up here, somtimes forget what we have on our doorstep :2009: Cottages look lovely, hope you have a great time :1941:
Jackie
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Lovely!
Jackie
granvilleb
New User
New User

Post by granvilleb »

Our Libby loves the beaches in Northumberland. Sand and sea.
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

Funny how you never quite appreciate what you have on your doorstep. we pass through warkworth regulary, its a lovely place. i didnt realise it had so many dog friendly cottages.

jan xx
It is never too late.
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

janhind wrote:Funny how you never quite appreciate what you have on your doorstep. we pass through warkworth regulary, its a lovely place. i didnt realise it had so many dog friendly cottages.

jan xx
How I agree with that. It's amazing how people react when we say we live in North Wales...".how lovely, aren't you lucky"...uh?? Also when we see Chester on telly it always looks lovely, but we avoid it at all costs, it's only 5 miles from us.

Sara
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

Ohhh! It does look nice there. :1944:
gillyb
Senior User
Senior User

Post by gillyb »

We have booked one of these for next year. Saw them on here and thought they looked great and lots of dog friendly places too.

Gillx
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks i am...

We can now deliver our pies to most places in the U.K www.bestporkpie.co.uk
Cheryl

Post by Cheryl »

Meant to say a while ago, we had a lovely email from the lady who runs Coquet Cottages when I let her know that her website had been mentioned on here. She's looking forward to having lots of Labs to stay :1954:
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

We had a fab camping trip in August to Nortrhumberland, and I am waving to Karen and Granville who have posted on here about Libby loving the beaches because we met you at River Breamish Caravan site! :1954:

The beaches are just fantastic as is the walking in the Breamish Valley in the Cheviot National Park, hope you have a lovely time Cheryl, the cottages look sooo nice!
Emma
Cheryl

Post by Cheryl »

We went to Lane End cottage last weekend. What a treat. There was wine and beer waiting in the fridge, a homemade cake (divine by the way lol), biscuits and very posh toiletries to use. A filled water bowl was waiting for Meg, along with a packet of dog treats :1941: There are river views from lots of the windows - needless to say Meg had a little swim, and the beach is just a walk away.

Warkworth is beautiful, the village was so pretty with its Christmas lights and we spend a great afternoon pottering around Warkworth Castle (the lovely man even let the Megster in and gave her a treat). There are friendly pubs, a French patisserie (I put on 3lbs in four days!!) and the gift shops had some really unusual Christmassy things too.

Took John to Alnwick treehouse for his birthday dinner, and that was amazing. A huge treehouse with branches growing through the floor.

All in all a wonderful trip. Thoroughly recommended for humans and dogs :s3:
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

Sounds lovely, what i'd give for a break right now....mind you I don't think a 12 week old pup con be called well behaved so will have to wait 6 months or so. Pleased you enjoyed yourself.

Sara
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

Sounds absolutely great Cheryl!!! Guess what we call out Meg "the Megster" also!!

Glad you had agood time.

Gill, Meg and Maisie

:s47: :s47: :s47: