A bit of luxury and you can take the dogs...

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Cheryl

Re: A bit of luxury and you can take the dogs...

Post by Cheryl »

Isnt that a strange coincidence. Our Meg was christened Megster by the veterinary nurse at our practice and it just stuck and expanded to The Megster. Has your Megster got a middle name, ours hasnt although we also have a 'Henry Jack' and my best friend's dog is 'Millie Talulah' :s3:
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

No middle name. But Maisie is also known as "The Maise Myster" and Lucky the cat is "The Luckster". OK do we qualify for the MADHOUSE!!!!

Gill

xx
lucy73
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lucy73 »

Lesley and I have just booked with coquet cottages for a holiday in March after reading Cheryl's recommendation - can't wait it looks gorgeous (cottage and area!) and I know Tasha will love the beaches and the river too. I've told them that we heard about them from this site and recommended they have a look on here if they're ever in a position to support a worthy animal charity! Fingers crossed they might have a look and even if they only use the easy fundraising site it would be good!

:s45:
Lucy, Lesley & Tasha xx
Cheryl

Post by Cheryl »

Only just seen this (what have I been doing????). Really hope you'll have a wonderful time, and enjoy yourselves as much as we did. Second visits get 10% off, so think of the money you'll save on your second visit :1966:

Forgot to mention that there was also a birthday card and present (some seriously lovely Arran Aromatics smellies) waiting for John when we got there.

Hmmm might suggest another visit....

Oh and there's a rowing boat to take you to the Hermitage across the river, it opens again in April so there's another excuse to go.
gillyb
Senior User
Senior User

Post by gillyb »

We have booked to go in July with the kids and Reuben. My husband mentioned that we had heard about them off the lab rescue site (Cheryl's original post), the lady was really pleased when she heard this. It really does look nice, July is ages off!

Gillx
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks i am...

We can now deliver our pies to most places in the U.K www.bestporkpie.co.uk
martyn
New User
New User

Post by martyn »

I will make a note of these cottages as it is quite difficult to find a property that has the X factor for us humans and will also let us bring our 4 legged friend as well.
I have made an advance reservation request on a property near St Austell for next August as it quite simply the nicest place I have ever seen and a private dog friendly beach at the bottom of the garden!
I have attached a link if anyone is interested.

http://www.classic.co.uk/holiday-cottage/desc-2148.html

Martyn
Bev Rowley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Bev Rowley »

We have also booked a week in August at Coquet Cottages. Can't wait to take Alfie on his first holiday. :love5:

Bev and Alfie xx
Danbec

Post by Danbec »

We have just spent a long weekend in Warkworth at COQUET COTTAGE'S Rebecca House...
Was wonderful, had a fantastic time. Fab beach within walking distance, lovely walk by the river and The Mason's Arm Pub were more than happy to let us in with Lexi and Archie. Went up to Bamburgh, Seahouses and Craster too. It all came to an end too quickly though, 3 days wasn't enough.

Sarah, Lexi and Archie xx
Cheryl

Post by Cheryl »

So glad you enjoyed yourself Sarah and family, phew! Its a lovely part of the world isnt it. Meg went into The Masons Arms too - very friendly.

Martyn, that beach looks divine :thumbright:
gillyb
Senior User
Senior User

Post by gillyb »

We have just come back from staying at Sunny Cottage in Warkworth. We have loved it as has Reuben :1956: . The cottage was so dog friendly and the kids loved it too. We took Reuben in The Hermitage one night with us while we had a meal, the landlord set a table up for us so that we could go back later on. We will hopefully try and book again next year. There was a lovely welcome pack in the cottage, wine and chocs for us and treats for Reuben . Also lots of suggestions from previous clients on places to visit which we found really useful.

Gillx
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks i am...

We can now deliver our pies to most places in the U.K www.bestporkpie.co.uk