Post by Glenys »

Latest invoice for Buster £250.51

Update soon
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Re: Buster supported dog

Post by Glenys »

We have not managed to get on top of Busters allergies inspite of the wonderful care he is receiving so a long chat rto the Vets and we are going to try Atopica the initial two months cost will be £364.16 please wish him luck that this will improve his life .
Maggie May
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggie May »

Good luck Buster with your new treatment, I hope it will help you :love2:

:bighug:

Love Kay and Maggie xx
Kay
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Hope all goes well he looks such a happy fella in that photo.

Jackie x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Buster continues to do ok latest bill 666.07 lets hope we can still make a difference to his life
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Another Buster update .

Busters vet bill are very high the last ones were £666.07 then £274.75 with still almost £800 outstanding the problem his with these allergic dogs is finding the balance of how the Atopica helps his food is a staggering £95.93 pence for 14 kilos but it seems it is the only food which doesn't give him the runs.

We are in discussions now to see what can be trimmed down a bit especially as his owners do so much in his daily life to keep him happy and comfy and we are grateful for that ive asked for a current photo and update.....
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

From his Family :

The lovely Buster, our beautiful supported boy. He is the gentlest giant ever but has terrible skin allergies being allergic to everything (tree 1 and 2, grass, pollen, fungus, mites, fleas, pollen, wheat). He is so very happy though and went on a train ride to York yesterday which he loved. He has just has his atopica increased to try and get on top of his itching, he also has some type of food intolerance as he often has the runs, even with wheat free and hypo allergenic food. Any suggestions? We bathe him, spray and rinse in raw Apple cider vinegar, limit his exposure to grass etc. We have also used malaseb and plain water, Has anyone successfully tried coconut oil? And what do we do with it? Thanks in advance x

Maggie May
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggie May »

Oh Buster is so lovely :love2: I am so sorry about his problems.

Thank you for the update, I don't have any experience with allergies so I can't advice you in any way.
Thank you for helping him so much :love3: and I look forward to further updates.
Kay
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

I really admire what you are doing for Buster, all the care and treatments. Lovely to hear he enjoyed a train ride.

Hilary, Tuppence, Rowley & Douma
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

We were advised to use evening primrose tablets to help our previous lab's skin condition. One capsule morning and night with his food.

Hope you can get Buster more comfortable - he looks a lovely boy.

Alison x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Buster you are such a handsome boy,we wish you well sorry we cannot offer any advice,but hope you are improving.
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly n Polly :2379:
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Gorgeous photo he looks very chilled there considering all of his horrible allergies. I sympathise as I have a dog with allergies (and I too personally suffer with them!) so know only too well what it is like. Not sure what you are feeding him but I stopped all dried food a while back, home cooked food definitely helped. Regular baths also seem to help my girl and I recently purchased some vetbed gold which I put on top of her bed and I have found that pretty good too.

I did go to the vets for help years ago (Maggie is now 11) and never really felt supported, they gave us some Malaseb too.......seems to be there usual first choice but it contains antibacterial and antifungal agents, in my opinion this is not the best treatment for allergies at all. I find natural, sensitive products the best for skin problems caused by allergies and soothing products are also helpful. If the skin is broken colloidal silver can help, just dab a bit on.

Unfortunately a lot is trial and error is needed - you will get there but expect it to take a long time. Also consider keeping a log to see if there are any patterns or triggers. We found that we now have to rinse Maggie's undercarriage, legs and paws after every week all year round.....yes a lot of work but worth it, it makes such a difference to her itching which of course affects her overall comfort.

Good luck and keep up all the excellent work, you will get there in the end :love3:

Jackie x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Buster is so lovely but his vet bills are extremely high recent cheque was £753.22 (yesterday this covered two months I am hoping we can keep this up he deserves our help
alison busters mum
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by alison busters mum »

hi
I haven't posted for a while but felt maybe I could help. I also have a dog called Buster ( fire dog ) who we adopted from rescue 4 years ago. He also has many allergies. He has had blood tests twice, the last one being in may of this year. He has the same allergies as your Buster and more. He is allergic to most food, the list is very long. I home cook for Buster as he can only eat lamb,salmon and eggs. I add green beans or broccoli or peas and a teaspoon of good quality salmon oil. I also switched to a holistic vet in Darwin (nearest one I could find) who makes him a herbal tonic which he has twice a day which contains among other things chamomile and nettle which are good for allergies. I do not feed him any shop bought food as he has allergies to things such as rice, potatoes many cereals and beet which is hidden in many dry dog foods. I also make his biscuits myself out of almond flour and tapioca flour.The vet said she had never seen a dog with so many allergies.

I also wipe buster down ever time he has been out for a walk because of the different pollens in the air. His vet advised us to add lavender oil to cool water and wipe him before he comes into the house. His bedding is washed weekly in non bio washing liquid and I also add some of the lavender oil to the liquid. This can not be dried outside so I either tumble dry or dry it in the spare bedroom with windows closed. It is washed at 60 degrees to kill dust mites, another of his allergies.
Buster is allergic to different things now than he was with his first test 2 years ago so things do change. Alison.x