Buster supported dog

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Bold Barney
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Buster supported dog

Post by Bold Barney »

We remember the day we collected Buster for Labrador Rescue and spent a week with him. Such a loving and gentle dog. So pleased that he found a wonderful home with you Alison. You have shown such wonderful dedication and care . Give him a big hug from us. :bighug:
Julia, Bold Barney and Bouncy Bessy
alison busters mum
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by alison busters mum »

Hi Julia
Thanks for your lovely comments. I have given Buster a BIG hug from you. He is a wonderful, loving dog and worth all the work and worry.

Alison and Buster. x

:love2: :love2:
Lisahoward123
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lisahoward123 »

Poor buster f1 have you tried the imminotherapy injections where they make them up specific to the allergies the dog suffers. Archie has these injections now monthly but they were more frequent at first. He is allergic to house mite and storage mites. My sympathies are with you we haven't been able to properly manage archies allergies, we have tried all sorts antibiotics, Piriton, other antihistamines, Atopica , steroid tabs and injection, food supplements , fish oil, nothing has entirely controlled archies allergies. Is it just the itching with buster or does he have a lick granuloma as a result ( as archie has).

What meds is he on at present? Just a query as we have quite a bit of meds that was prescribed for archie that didn't work so I have still got it, I think some antibiotics, two different types on antihistamines, and some nutra mega food supplement which allegedly controls itchiness. You can gladly have these meds to try seeing they're specifically for allergies, though the antibiotics I think were
to try to heal the granuloma. I wish I had read this post a few weeks ago I threw away a full months of Atopica as it was use by dec of this year and archie was on 150mg so they would have been in excess of £300 f1 . Is apoquel not available yet? That was the only treatment option we hadn't tried for archie but it wasn't available due to massive demand.

I hope buster gets his allergies under control and let me know if you want to try the excess meds that we have left.

Love lisa and Archie xx