Teak

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Teak

Post by Glenys »

Well here he is the story more horrific than I will put here suffice to say kept in appalling conditions hopefully all being well Teak will be in a foster home today . more updates as they come.
I picked the best picture the others are too sad to see really
Thank you Gemma T and Abi and all involved in getting him here and negotiating etc

Dear Teak the only way is up for you now

Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Teak

Post by Liz5353 »

Thinking of you Teak we hope you are progressing slowly but well.
Love Liz Harriet Shelly Bonnie n Molly x :bighug:
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Teak is doing ok he is much improved ill get an update on soon
Maggie May
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggie May »

I am thinking of Teak and hoping he is doing well :bighug: for him.

I look forward to the next update.
Kay
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Re: Teak UPDATED

Post by Glenys »

Teak update

What a fabulous boy Teak is. Vets say he is more like 5/6yrs old, rather than 8yrs. He has settled so well with his foster home. He is currently living with two older females and is very respectful of them. Outside he loves other dogs too. We were told that Teak could protect his food bowl but they have worked on this in his foster home and he now happily eats next to the two girls without issue. He gets excited around meal preparation time but nothing more.

Vets update - He is now 25kg (24.28 last Tuesday). Vet says skin/coat has a marked improvement from last week. Tests showed no mites at all, so maybe the problem was cat fleas (as you tell us he might be allergic). He said we may not ever get to know exactly what caused the problem but says Teak must have ongoing Stronghold and occasional medicated baths. We are reducing steroids to every other day for the next week and it he still isn’t itching they can be reduced further, as he is not itching currently and his skin is no longer red. Ears were checked thoroughly and cleaned, he said they are clearing up very well (no brown discharge) and we should only use drops for one more week. He does not think that the ears will need further treatment after this. Teak will need to see the vet again in 3 weeks for a check up to see how his skin is and talk about whether or not steroids are still required.

Feedback from the fosterer - Teak is such a lovely well mannered dog. He is as good as gold in the house and gets on well with my two older girls. When he first met them he was a bit frisky, but once he was put in his place he settled down. Absolutely no aggression with my two (if anything I would say he can be submissive) if Lucy heads for the toy at the same time as Teak he backs off and lets her get it. However, if he has the toy, he wants to play tug with me (strong), but if my dogs arrive on the scene he runs away with the toy – again no aggression shown. Out and about he is very good on the lead and has a good recall, especially if you have treats. While he is on the steroids he is having a wee more regularly than he would normally, I let him out about every 1 ½ to 2 hours.

I think you will agree there is an amazing difference in Teak in just 9 days - with vets reports and foster feedback we are pleased to be able to a say that Teak is now looking for his forever home - Teak is good with children but we would home with older ones that will understand to leave Teak alone whilst eating - he needs a home where there is someone at home most of the time, especially whilst he is on the steroids and it would be preferred that there is another dog for company when you are out, as he really doesn't like being left on his own.
A home with no cats is a must.

If you are interested in giving Teak a FOREVER home please contact us at the rescue full backup will be given .

Love4Labs
New User
New User

Post by Love4Labs »

Teak what a stunning boy you are I can't believe the diffrence in you in such a short space of time.

I hope you find your forever home soon as you deserve to be spoilt. :bighug:

Julie, Maisy & Monty

:2379:
Maggie May
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggie May »

What a lovely update, I am so pleased Teak is coming on well. The photo is lovely :love2:

:bighug: for you Teak.

Love Kay xx
Kay
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

So pleased to read that Teak is now doing well. What a stunning looking boy :love2:

Teak this is for you :bighug: and these are for your fosterers :love3:

Amanda Jim Milo Zak & Max x
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

What amazing change in Teak. Let us hope that his forever home is just round the corner. Thank you to his fosterers for doing such a great job. :love3:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Debsalabradora1
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Debsalabradora1 »

Teak, you are so lovely.It's good to hear how your getting along. Everything crossed that you find your forever home soon sweetheart. :love2:
Debs, Millie and Poppy (and Pippi).xx

My dogs, in my heart and mind forever....