Pip Update

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Pip Update

Post by Glenys »

Hi Glenys,

Pip had her 2nd full strength immunotherapy injection today - she now has this once a month and I can give her this at home - we have enough for another 4 - 5 injections and then she'll need some more which the vets will order.

She's pretty much the same really - very pink/red around her eyes, scabby with little hair on her neck and muzzle, nude on her chest because of her scratching. She continues to nibble at her legs etc etc. Despite all this she still manages to look gorgeous!! She has a little fan club these days with people we meet on our walks wanting to know how she is doing - she is such a little sweetie, she has no trouble making friends. I'm very lucky to have two lovely yellow girls who adore each other.....

Pip has been on Piriton for a while now and I'm not sure if it helps her scratching/itching so we decided to have a switch to different antihistamine - it would be nice if something could take the edge off it for her - the vet has said it could take around 6 - 12 months for her to respond to the immunotherapy (I get the impression she is a pretty resistant case - poor thing).

So the invoice is for the new antihistamine ATARAX - we have a trial supply but I get the impression it's more expensive than the piriton - so we'll see if she responds to it - if not, we'll go back to the piriton. As you can see from the invoice he has only charged us for the tablets, so he continues to be more than fair.

Debbie, Millie and Pip.xxx
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Pip Update

Post by Emma T »

I really hope the atarax works for pretty little Pip, it still sounds like Proper loving care is doing wonders for her x
Emma
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Willow »

Lovely update, although I really wish for Pip's sake that she can get some blessed relief from the itching soon, bless her. Typical Lab though.. despite everything, she carries on smiling and living a happy life with her wonderful family xx
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

Eeyorebev
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Eeyorebev »

Thanks for the update and sorry poor pip is still itchy, let's hope the new treatment starts to kick in soon.
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Sorry to hear that beautiful Pip is still itching, everything crossed the new tablet works and brings her some relief :bighug:

Amanda Jim Milo Zak & Max x
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Maggie May
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggie May »

Thank you for the update. I am sorry Pip is still so itchy and hope she has some relief from it soon.

:bighug: for you Pip.

Love Kay xx
Kay
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Good to read the update on Pip. She sounds an adorable girl. Sorry to read she is still itching, poor thing, but still manages to be happy. I do hope her new medicine helps.

Hilary, Tuppence & Rowley
Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Morticia1162 »

Aw so sorry Pip is still so itchy, we had a Staffie once that was in a similar state, although not as bad and with everything else she had we also bathe her twice a week in Malaseb shampoo from the vet.
This did seem to keep the itching at bay, might be worth trying with everything else?
Lots of love Janet and Barney. :bath:
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Still crossing fingers & paws here that Pip will get some benefit from her immunotherapy injections, and that the change of antihistamines will also help her
:love2: for Pip
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart