Foster home found UPDATE

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Foster home found UPDATE

Post by Glenys »

We need an Angel to help this boy we have are not naming him but his story is he was a working gundog nearly Ten up to last year since then spent his life in a small pen generally pacing around someone rescued his brother last year and I've seen pictures today and his brother looks like a whole new dog playing and so loved and I'm told looked worse than this boy.
He is a real gentle soul he will need vet treatment to remove a lymphoma and his eye is sore he will need TLC and small meals several times a day to build up some bodyweight he has hard segs on his tail and back legs he looks a pitiful sight at the moment his eyes have lost their soul.
If I just say I've seen worse and have seen magic done and that his funds will be covered as always for such dogs from our funds bless this lad and pray he gets his much deserved place no negative comments please he is in the best place and brought in by a good Samaritan just send love and hope

Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Foster or home needed

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Wishing this special boy a lovely foster home. I'm sure Aunty Glenys will find him one. Now he's with Lab Res he will gradually get the light back in his eyes and become handsome again.

Hilary, Tuppence & Rowley
Megsmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Megsmum »

Poor little angel :cry3:
You're in the best place now. Keeping everything crossed that you will soon find a wonderful new home where you'll find all the love and kindness you deserve.
Bless you xx
Helen and Merry x

Remembering my beautiful Meg 1992-2008 and my darling Mollie 2009-2018
Aileen

Post by Aileen »

Oldies, Glenys?
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Yes please Aileen xx
maxie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by maxie »

Oh you poor boy! Thank goodness you're in the best place now.
Wish I was nearer - I'd love to foster him but not practical really.

Your happiness starts here, sweetheart,

Joan, Twiglet and Douglas xx
Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Morticia1162 »

Oh bless him, f1
Well hopefully the only way is up for this poor fella, thank goodness for the kind person who brought him to rescue and under your care and kindness Glenys.
Hoping the lab spark will soon return in those " burnt sugar" eyes.
Sending love and healing thoughts for this boy. :love2: :love2:
Love Janet and Barney. Xx
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

We wormed him last night and he is full of them :cry3: he is a sad sight we have an appointment at the vets later I think he got here in the nick of time bless him .

Being full of worms is very dangerous as they can travel to the gut and that is certain death and that any food he has had will not have nourished him Its heart breaking.
I wanted to keep this confidential but if I could meet the owner who treated him like this I would get locked up.

A devoted working dog treated of less value than a tool at least workmen values their tools of the trade :blue: :blue:
Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Morticia1162 »

Good luck at the vets later.
All I trust myself to reply otherwise is here here and we'll said.
:cry3: :cry3:
Lots of love Janet and Barney. Xx
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx
SusanKerr
Senior User
Senior User

Post by SusanKerr »

OMG I would also like to get the hands on the previous owners - my goodness poor mite and I wish i could take him but with a knee replacement pending in the future I am unable to walk as far as a doggie needs these days - I miss having a dog so bad too.
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

:cry3:

Good luck sweet boy.

You will find your SPECIAL home soon.
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

WE are back from the Vets now he has a high temperature and is just over 22 kilos which is nothing for a dog of his size he was such a good boy completely ponged though he is filthy Bev is coming to bath him later he has malaseb shampoo and antibiotics he was a complete gentleman and the Vet was so kind to him and gentle she told him he had landed on his paws coming to rescue which was nice. If I didn't have Mr Golly this dog would be staying here his eyes are brighter already and his tail was wagging instead of tucked underneath him the Vet says needs to gain weight and the malaseb will ease his sores on his legs we have a foster for tomorrow more news on that soon

He has now had a bath so doesn't smell anymore he wasn't sure about being bathed it was all new to him but he took it all in his dignified way more updates tomorrow
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Omg poor boy :cry3: reminds me of my little Max when he came into your care only weighing 19.6 kg and agree with others wish we could get our hands on these owners that cause so much suffering to loving and innocent animals.

With the right love and care as with our little Max his life can be turned around and that boy will repay his love to that special person ten fold.

Good luck special boy :love2:

Love Amanda Jim Milo Zak & Max xxxx
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Good to hear his eyes are brighter and he's had a little tail wag. He must feel better after his bath even if he did not enjoy it. Pleased he seems to have a foster home on the near horizon.

Hilary, Tuppence & Rowley
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

today a little change so far but baby steps but he is happier pictured waiting with Emma for sausages appears fatter on picture as his coat is fluffed out with bathing and drying but his sparkle is coming back he iss about ten kilos underweight as he is a tall dog