Ellie supported dog update

Moderator: Forum Moderators

janie1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Ellie supported dog update

Post by janie1 »

We saw the vet this morning,It's been a month since Ellie last went and she doesn't need to go back for 2 months now. Her ears are ok at the moment so just carrying on with ear wash every other day. Her anal glands were impacted so she had them done,which she didn't like but she was so good. Can't believe how good she is for the vet.
One thing that surprised me is she has lost more weight. She is now 27.7 kgs and should be 28 kgs as an ideal. So going to give her a bit more dinner and a few more treats. Comparing her rescue photo and now is incredible and looks like a different dog. She has been with me 3 months now and is an absolute delight. Such a personality and made my home feel like a home again after losing Dylan. He left such a hole in my life and Ellie is filling it nicely.
Jane and Ellie x
Remembering Dylan 9/6/2003-6/11/2014 xxx very special boy. My beautiful black Prince.
lucy73
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Ellie supported dog update

Post by lucy73 »

This is so good to hear....bet she'll be soooo pleased at getting extra treats now :1966:
Lucy, Lesley & Tasha xx
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Thank you so much for the update on Ellie if I remember she wasn't a big girl so maybe a reasonable weight for her to add a few more pounds to be sure xx
janie1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by janie1 »

Ellie is a more daintier version of a female lab Glenys and because I take her on long walks I think she must need the extra calories. It's getting the balance right . I feed her Bakers complete which she loves and a dental stick and raw hide chew throughout t h e day. She also loves a carrot and a couple of biscuits. But I have noticed she has been going to the food cupboard and barking so she's been telling me.
Jane and Ellie x
Remembering Dylan 9/6/2003-6/11/2014 xxx very special boy. My beautiful black Prince.
scubakim
Senior User
Senior User

Post by scubakim »

It's lovely to hear that Ellie is doing so well and has done a splendid job of mending your broken heart :love2: I always think it's a minefield with a Labs weight. We were advised that Murphy needed to lose a little weight when he was diagnosed with HD. He was around 31kg at the time, but is a slim build and we didn't think he looked overweight at all f1 We cut down his food a little to comply, but when he went for his referral with the orthopaedic surgeon, he said Murphy was a perfect weight! He advised us to go by sight and not weight - if you can slightly see his ribs as he walks, perfect :1951:
Kim, Murphy & Amy x

jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Great update and you have done so well with her weight, that is a real achievement in a Lab!

Pleased everything is going so well.

Jackie x
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

Ellie sounds like she is doing fabulously well. X
Emma
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

:love3: :love3: These are for you, for giving Ellie such a wonderful life.

:bighug: for lovely Ellie.
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
janie1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by janie1 »

Lovely comments everyone thank you but well worthwhile. Ellie makes it such a pleasure.
Jane and Ellie x