Pip Update

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Pip Update

Post by Glenys »

Hi Glenys,

This is the latest invoice - payment not required by Lab Res as we had £50+ in credit from when she was spayed a few weeks ago - there is still 37.14 in my account to pay towards future bills.

Pip has recovered well from being spayed, although I think having her already very itchy tummy shaved hasn't done much for her itching!! Fingers crossed being spayed helps her 'cos to be honest not much else seems to...... We continue with everything we have been doing - the vets have said she seems to have a particularly severe allergy. Her eyes, neck, tummy and legs bear the brunt of her scratching and nibbling - some respite is gained by her wearing the comfy cone I got for her when she was spayed. She wears this at night and sometimes during the day as she causes damage to her face, eyes, neck etc when scratching. I will give her next immunotherapy injection next week but I think she may need to go back to the vets again for review if she continues to struggle in the way that she is. She may need a short course of steroids just to give her a reprieve for a few days.

When Pip came to me, mid September last year, in many ways she looked so much better than she does now - because she was coming to the end of steroid and antibiotic treatment her eyes, in particular, looked so much better and she was scratching far less. The coat that she has is now much thicker and healthier than it was. She had been quite thin, but is now a healthy, slim 24kg. Despite her itchiness, she seems happy, settled and we love her to bits.

I will put an update about my two lovely girls on the forum soon, so that the kind and generous people of Lab Res know how Pip is doing.

Take care Glenys,

Debbie, Millie and Pip.xxx