Itchy Pip update - and a few pics with big sister Millie

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Debsalabradora1
Senior User
Senior User

Itchy Pip update - and a few pics with big sister Millie

Post by Debsalabradora1 »

Thank you all for your lovely comments/posts. It is true that Pip does require extra care/treatment because of her allergies but any care that is given/needed is returned with love and affection in abundance... so no real hardship there is there? She is a little sweetie, she has enriched our lives and to be fair, her sweet dispostion and the way she copes with her allergies, is nothing short of inspirational.

Initially, Pip showed a very encouraging response to the Apoquel; much less itchy, happier and more relaxed with some signs of healing too! The vet has said that the longstanding damage caused to her skin may mean that some areas may never achieve hair re-growth. We went back to the vets earlier this week for the planned review and, as expected, the medication was reduced. Unfortunately the itching returned and although it's not as bad as it was, Pip has been causing damage to herself again and it was not settling down. I rang the vets today and it was agreed the original dose be reinstated and she will be reviewed again in a couple of weeks.

A quick question - I read on this site about some silver based cream type treatment that was supposed to be good for skin problems - if anyone knows what this is please can someone refresh my memory? thanks.

Thank you again for all the support that is offered by this wonderful organisation.

A few recent pics of my two special girls...

Sweet little Pip who says thank you for all your donations that pay for her expensive treatment ......

What a beautiful spot....

Having a paddle with my sister...

My lovely big sister...

I love you Millie... :love2: But you will need to paddle a LOT deeper to be considered for a banner photo!!!

Debs, Millie and Poppy (and Pippi).xx

My dogs, in my heart and mind forever....
Aileen

Re: Itchy Pip update - and a few pics with big sister Millie

Post by Aileen »

Lovely photos of happy dogs, Debs. Thanks for keeping us updated. :2362:
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
eamonnmoore
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eamonnmoore »

our rescue dog scooby has just recently been prescribed apoqel as his specially made vaccine wasn,t working well enough , the change has been remarkable , although his atopy is not as bad as poor pips,we are hoping this will be a long term relief for him.fingers crossed for them both. :3517:
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Jane267 »

Fab photos. Thanks for sharing.

Lily was also an itchy scratchy dog, but not to the extent of Pip. She has a monthly injection (following York Test) specific to her allergies and it works wonders.

Jane and Lily
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

What gorgeous photos of your two beautiful fur-babies. :bighug: :bighug

Thankyou for sharing. :love3: :love3:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Beautiful pic's of your two special girls :love2: :love2:

Amanda Jim Milo Zak & Max x
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Lovely photos they are just gorgeous. Pip looks so much better I am so impressed by your hard work and dedication to this girl, anyone who has had a itchy dog knows this it is just as distressing for the owner as it is for the dog.

Looks like you had a lovely walk too - where was that?

Jackie x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Lovely update on Pip bless you all for loving her xx
LANTYS1tarn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by LANTYS1tarn »

lovely pictures of two VERY happy girls....well done xx

Marg
Maggie May
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggie May »

What a lovely update and lovely pictures of two gorgeous girls :1972:

:love3: these are for you with thanks for all the love and dedication you have given Pip.

:bighug: for Millie and Pip from me please :love2:

Love Kay xx
Kay
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Thanks for the update on Pip and the lovely pictures of her. Millie's pictures are lovely also, she's a pretty girl. Thanks for the care you take of Pip, I feel so sorry for her and her itchy problems. I hope she continues to make progress, and feels better in herself. Glad she seems to be enjoying life anyway - thanks to you.

Hilary, Tuppence & Rowley
Lesley and Mike
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Lesley and Mike »

Are you talking about flamazine this is a silver based cream used by the NHS for burns and skin infections could this be what you are looking for? Hope this helps
Lesley
Debsalabradora1
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Debsalabradora1 »

Thanks again everyone. I will check out all the info provided on silver based creams - it's good to have some different options to try. Pip had her York Test before she came to me and had her vaccine made up when she came to live with us - she has been having the maximum dose for around 4-5 months now. So far, she has not responded but I met a man when we were out walking today and his dog was on immunotherapy for 2 years plus before any response was seen!! Sometimes, these things take time it would seem.....

The pictures were taken in Saddleworth - Dovestones reservoir - just one of many of our favourite local places...
Debs, Millie and Poppy (and Pippi).xx

My dogs, in my heart and mind forever....
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Wonderful pictures of your beautiful girls and Pip looks amazing,so good to see.the location is stunning.
Liz Shelly Bonnie n Molly :bighug: for the girls
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

Lovely pics of Pip and Millie, I'm sorry that drug didn't work, such a shame. You are doing so much for her, I admire you very much. Funnily enough as a human I'm using a colloidal silver serum for an annoying outbreak of acne and I was at first sceptical but it really has helped after a few months. I think silver must really have a good reaction to skin problems, I really hope you can find a good canine version for sweet Pip x
Emma