Post by Glenys »

We will be in June tomorrow so a few facts and statistics

Dogs homed so far as follows

January 24
Feb. 12
March. 16
April. 4
May. 18 74 dogs in 151 days
Four dogs in April you may ask well many dogs this year went out of trial for various reason and some homed from home some pending dogs are being adopted by why was a dog like jack in so long ? And Marley
Jack came in on 1/3/15. Adopted 3/4/15 complete mystery
Marley took months till our wonderful family came forward I do think there may still be problems but fair play to them they are sticking by the lad.
Also on the 16th March I had quite a bad injury in a car crash which basically laid me off the physical stuff re.handling dogs and re homing Homing though I did take calls and do as much on iPad as I could

Kim was a great help and Sam he had to do work he hadn't been used to before ie: signings adoptions over with kim course Gina was around too.

Also a few dogs are on trial still the lovely Rose and a few others generated large vet bills rose was over six hundred pounds to remove a lump from her foot

In terms of certain people doing a quick recce of donations for dogs I would say at over eight thousand pounds in vet bills so far on supported dogs leave the calculator in the draw.

Also I work on the fact we have kennel wages food etc so would consider an assessment of ten pounds minimum a day to help any dog in real terms. Then say a dog like jack cost thirty days is three hundred pounds and that would not cover worming etc
If he generated at the end a donation then that would certainly help .

It's never been about making money but you have to generate some or dogs on trial and in support would not be able to be helped.

We can do a lot for love but bills need paying

This post is just so our loyal kind supporters can get an insight on the work we do and continue to do each day God willing xx

Newsletter out this week please feel free to pass any on to freinds etc to highlight our work
maxie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: June

Post by maxie »

What a time you've had, Glenys. I do hope you have no lasting effects from that awful car crash, it must have been scary.
All the emotions you must feel at times, it must be hard to cope with never mind the sheer physical hard work, and you and Sam having very little time to yourselves. I hope you're both OK.

So many dogs owe their lives and happiness to your efforts - THANK YOU! Not forgetting all the lovely supporters who help to make it possible,

Joan, Twiglet and Douglas xxx
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Willow »

Goodness, what a year so far.. things don't get any easier do they!

Let me know if I can help with anything by way of fundraisers - the costs must be phenomenal :2003:
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Yes a difficult year Glenys, things can only get better, I just hope we are able to raise some funds to help pay for all of the treatment, vet fees are getting so expensive now it is becoming a worry for Rescues.

Thank you for everything you do :love3:

Jackie x
Lesley and Mike
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Lesley and Mike »

I do keep sending a little when able, and will continue when ever possible. As I can't thank you enough for Womble (Maggie).
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

People are so kind its the vet bills which are my main worry hoping newsletter hits the spot.

Just a personal observation and its never take life or health for granted when you can get up do normal things walk your dogs drive swim whatever then Bam it all goes pear shaped I was rushing which is normal to get back to the farm to see to an appointment I stepped out of my car to tell My granddaughter something also as usual I was rushing taking her some errands first prior to appointments as I stepped out the car started moving its an auto but was in neutral I tried to get back in to put brake on and the door closed and trapped my leg between that and another car it bumped in to it was horrendous pain at first I refused an ambulance but as my leg started swelling they came its a bit surreal having what was a paramedic cutting my jeans leg off ! two more arrived then a policeman who were all so kind God bless these people who put you at your ease when you are terrified anyway long story I had two more near misses one was suspected blood clot had to lie there whilst having anti blood clot injection thinking am Im going to die :cry3: so much so I said to Sam give me your phone and wrote all the passwords down with instructions re family and rescue.

This was March I couldn't walk properly or drive or take my dogs anywhere sitting about with leg raised etc

Sam was great the eye rolling only came on after two months :rofl: anyway the lesson here is I now feel like Ive won the lottery Ive got my life back back to normal or as normal as a nutty rescue person can be.

So make the most of everything like simple walks with your dog love the one your with, be grateful for good friends be kind and enjoy each precious day.

PS thank you for the lovely cards and flowers and good wishes I received as well xxxx
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Glenys wrote: anyway the lesson here is I now feel like Ive won the lottery Ive got my life back back to normal or as normal as a nutty rescue person can be.

So make the most of everything like simple walks with your dog love the one your with, be grateful for good friends be kind and enjoy each precious day.
You have hit the nail on the head Glenys, I feel lucky and privileged to work in healthcare as the people we care for allow us to share their journey and experiences. Seeing it day in day out you realise just how lucky you are and how every day is so precious. People take a lot for granted but there is only a few things that really matter and they are all free.

Pleased you are feeling better now, we need the boss lady to be fit and well :love3: :love3:

Jackie x