Supported dogs

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Supported dogs

Post by Glenys »

Just to clear up that the idea was mine to support certain dogs which come to rescue with a certain health problem for which they would not be able to be insured for ie: ears allergies etc we currently supporting fees for quite a few who may not have otherwise found a home.
We do expect that people taking on the dogs insure against any other things happening as our fund is not a massive one and raising money is a full time effort.
We are happy to try and work with the owners and Vets many of our supported dogs has run into the multiple thousands of pounds in fees which we do not begrudge at all but we have to be sensible about committing to money that we may not be able to raise in the future .
It would be sad to be in a position to not be able to support anymore so we have to be sensible.
I hope this clears things up.
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Supported dogs

Post by Willow »

I didn't realise there was a query on this point? I certainly fully support the decision to support dogs that come into rescue with pre-existing conditions. I'm sure lots of new owners help out with funding where they can but the priority has to be the health of the dog. I hope we would all agree with that :1939:
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Totally agree :2379:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Aileen

Post by Aileen »

Am in complete agreement, too. xx
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Glenys you really do not need to justify how and what you do. We all trust you implicitly - you do a great job.

Jackie x
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

Keep up the good work Glenys - no need for any explanation as far as I'm concerned :2379:

Alison x