Pip a month on with a pic!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Debsalabradora1
Senior User
Senior User

Pip a month on with a pic!

Post by Debsalabradora1 »

Here's a pic of my two girls with their friend Pasha, a very grand old JRT lady, who they both love to bits and are dominated by!!

This pic was taken a couple of weeks ago - Pip does seem to be responding to not having the medication she was on (see update in birthdays and gotchas) - it is taking time but that is to be expected. We are carrying on with what we have been doing and she is now having aloe vera juice added to her food and is continuing with her homeopathic treatment and has also had a couple of reiki sessions that both she and Millie seemed to like. Watch this space.
Sadly, since this pic was taken, Pip had developed a rather EEENORMMUUSS lump on her back leg (yep, we are strictly fans!!) fingers crossed it is some kind of abscess and will eventually heal (back to vets next weds for review and to see if biopsy indicated - sadly the treatment she has had can compromise her immune system and nasties can occur)
The nasty lump she has on her nose is taking its time to heal (try telling an itchy girl not to rub/scratch her face even with the help of comfy cones/rings she can manage to do it) but it is slowly getting better.
Fingers and paws crossed for my little girl and I will keep you all posted. (She would love to be a calendar girl next year)
ps she is still just as wonderful and continues to be a happy girl despite all the challenges she faces.
Last edited by Debsalabradora1 on 20 Oct 2015, 08:50, edited 1 time in total.
Debs, Millie and Poppy (and Pippi).xx

My dogs, in my heart and mind forever....
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Pip a month on with a pic!

Post by coco-bean »

Pip you are soooo beautiful and I am sure you will make a wonderful calendar girl :1972:

Hope all goes well at the vets next week, sending buckets full of positive healing thoughts coming your way from here :bighug:

Coco and Kinder send sloppy licks and are keeping paws crossed.

:bighug: :bighug: to you and Milly and :love3: :love3: for your lovely Mum x
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
Maggie May
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggie May »

Pip you are so beautiful :love2: your photo with your sister and friend is lovely. :1972:

Lots of positive healing thoughts coming from us, :bighug: for you and Millie.

Love Kay and Maggie xx
Kay
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Lovely picture dear Pip is such a lovely patient girl who has been through a lot with her dedicated Mummy and Sister xxx
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Pip IS a calendar girl she is beautiful........ :love2: Thanks for the update I am pleased things are going so well it will take months for the treatment to go from her system, in the meantime keep up the excellent work.

Jackie x
Lisahoward123
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lisahoward123 »

Pip is so beautiful I sympathise completely, as our lab archie has a dust and storage mite allergy (in addition to elbow dysplasia and osteoarthritis) poor lad. We too have tried absolutely everything, if pips homeopathic meds work well I would love to hear as we haven't gone down that route with archie. At one point every day, he was on six antihistamines, three antibiotics, a steroid tablet, steroid cream, a food supplement, and his monthly imminotherapy injection, it was awful stuffing tablets down his throat twice daily, he also tried Atopica which was awful, knocked him out even on a third of his recommended dose for his body weight (he's quite big at 36kg) stocky build. At the end of my tether, and as he was suffering from ED which affected him badly during recent months we stopped everything bar his immunotherapy injection.. And would you believe the lick granuloma on his hind leg, that the vets say he caused through itching due to his allergy has dried up and almost gone. His leg looks terrible like he's been in a fight, with scars and patchy fur, but the fresh open wound he created by licking seems much better. I really hope pip finds the right combination of meds that works for her, and if the homeopathic meds work I would love to what so maybe we can try it for archie. Although he seems much better he does still have a lump from the lick granuloma and does lick his leg when he's not told off for doing so.

Hope pip feels much better soon love n licks from fellow allergy sufferer archie xx
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

I too hope Pip feels better soon, the picture of her and her sister and friend Pasha is lovely, and both girls are definitely Calendar girls.

Hilary, Tuppence, Rowley & Douma