Pippi still soldiering on....

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Debsalabradora1
Senior User
Senior User

Pippi still soldiering on....

Post by Debsalabradora1 »

Hi everyone,

The last time I posted was just before Christmas… so here is another update. We’ve had a bit of a setback in that not long after I posted, Pippi developed a big lump on the side of her mouth….. not the Christmas pressie she deserved…. She also has lots of other lumps, nodules, swellings etc pretty much all over her body. She continues to be itchy and her skin is sore on some days and better on others. It goes without saying really, that in the light of the cancerous lump on her leg that was removed in October, these have been worrying times.

We have been back a couple of times to the homeopathic vet we found, who is lovely, and I’m reassured in that Pippi is getting the best of both traditional and homeopathic treatment. She is also on a raw diet with lots of supplements, including a special supplement recommended for dogs on raw feeding.

The latest situation is that whilst she seems to have lots of lumps (some more concerning than others), she has many that are healing…. The lump on the side of her mouth is being kept a really close eye on – it may or may not be cancerous and may need removing if it does not heal/improve – we shall have to see. We are trying a combination of specific homeopathic remedies to help it to heal. Time, patience and faith are needed.

I’m sure you will all agree that it's all about quality of life and my hope is that she can and will improve in time but we shall have to see. It is very hard to know what is going on - the homeopathic treatment can make things get worse before they get better..... I guess things will become clearer in time.... (say some prayers for this lovely little girl please)

Pippi does need a lot of TLC but she remains happy, active, and clever, is still full of fun and life with a very waggy tail and a fantastic appetite!! She is a really good girl, allowing me to care for her and remains very loving and affectionate. I think we were meant to find each other via this wonderful organisation – both Millie and I love her dearly and I’m glad I have the time and the kind of background that helps me to care for her, spend time with her and make sure she enjoys her life. No one really could have foreseen all she has had to face and her treatment is ongoing for now, so the costs do mount up; the support offered by rescue is priceless and gives this special girl the chance to get better.

I’m in regular contact with Glenys and I will update again on here.

Over time Pip has become Pippi – I didn’t want to change her name as she responds so well to it but I think Pippi is a little more feminine…. :love2:

I was going to put some recent pics on but photobucket is playing up at the mo - unable to resize the pics - I will try again later.

Thanks again.

Picture for you

Debs, Millie and Poppy (and Pippi).xx

My dogs, in my heart and mind forever....
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Pippi still soldiering on....

Post by LabLover »

Sendings lots of positive and healing thoughts for your beautiful girl :bighug: :bighug:

Pippi ( love the change of name) is such a brave girl with what she has to go through yet remains happy and that's the main thing, as you say Debs it's about quality and so long as Pippi is happy that's what counts. She so lucky to have found you and Millie :love3:

Amanda Jim Milo Zak & Max xxx
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

Sending Pippi bucket loads of positive healing thoughts from here too and :bighug: :bighug: 's to both your gorgeous girls. :love3: :love3: for you Debs for looking after sweet Pippi, special fur-babies always find special people xx
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

I am hoping so much that Pippi can be helped to have more adventures and life and she really deserves it.
I also know you will be aware of when she may not have quality of life and we will cross that bridge then.

Big Hugs to you for the love and care given xx
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Picture above
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

So sad to read this, I was really hoping that Pippi would get better. Do they know why all of these lumps continue to appear? Is it a side affect of the previous meds? Poor girl, she really does deserve a break and I would love nothing better than to hear you say she has turned a corner.

Sending lots and lots of healing thoughts and hugs for the lovely Pippi (love that name too) and keep up all of the good work, I hope it pays off and you start to see some positive results.
Jackie x
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Willow »

You make up for Pippi's health issues with a fun-loving home and by giving her every chance to enjoy life. As Jackie has said, it would be so lovely to think that she may one day turn a corner and be able to lead the same wonderful life, minus the health setbacks. Sending healing and positive thoughts that that day may soon be upon us.

As always it is so heartening to read of your efforts for your beautiful girl. You are a very special person and you should be proud of yourself :love3:
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Nobody could be doing more than you for your beloved girl. Really hope she turns a corner soon. Bucket loads of positive and healing thoughts. :love3:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

:2379: Pippi is a very special girl, she seems to cope with such a lot and still be full of fun and energy bless her.
Sending loads of positive healing thoughts,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart