Moderator: Forum Moderators

Debsalabradora1
Senior User
Senior User

Pippi update

Post by Debsalabradora1 » 14 Mar 2016, 19:35

Hi everyone,

Here's the latest update....

We were back at the Homeopathic Vet for review last Friday. She like me, had been very concerned about the hard lumps that had come on the front of her left leg and her left paw. Since we last saw her the lump on her left leg seems to have gone and the lump on her left front foot is softer and looks like it is starting to reduce. So that is encouraging. However, since we last saw her, Pippi has developed a big lump on her back left paw - this too now seems to be softening and possibly going a little smaller - fingers/paws crossed.

The horrid lump on the inside of her mouth (just inside her jowls) is still there but again is reducing and the tissue is starting to look more like 'mouth' tissue. Both the vet and me have never seen anything like it. It has not caused her any apparent pain or discomfort and the lumps I mentioned don't seem to bother her too much either. We considered biopsies etc but both decided that Pippi has been through enough and to just continue to treat her with the aim of helping her to get better for as long as that is the right thing to do.

Her skin is quite bad with lots of lumps and nodules that she scratches. They do seem to heal over time and I have managed to keep them clean so she has not had any infection in them. She still has a lot, with some new ones coming up but a lot of the others have come and gone and some of them have been quite big. All of this is encouraging and shows that she can heal etc Her face, around her eyes and her muzzle/nose in particular are much much better - again it is taking a long time but we do seem to be getting somewhere and her coat is continuing to grow and people now comment on how furry she is becoming!

The homeopathic vet is pleased with her progress and sees everything that is happening as her responding to the treatment as all the rubbish/toxins are slowly getting out of her system. She sees these lumps as part of that, rather than the cancer returning or her original skin condition getting worse... (although we have to keep a close eye on the weird lumps - the one inside her mouth and the hard lumps she had that seem to be getting better albeit slowly). She has said we need to take it slowly and see how she goes. She is on one continuous homeopathic remedy and another one that she has twice a day twice a week. She continues to do well on the raw feeding, along with her many supplements and we are just waiting to hear about adding in some fresh herbs to her diet too!!

She is going to see her again in around 6 weeks. We have agreed that I can update her/keep in touch by phone as this helps to keep the cost down. Pippi had another reiki treatment last week and enjoyed 45 mins of bliss!! I wasn't sure what the vet would make of it but it turned out that she is a reiki master!! She seemed impressed with the support that Lab Rescue offers and agreed that Pippi really deserves this chance.

I will keep you updated. Please keep everything crossed for my sweet girl and thank you from us all for all the support :love3:
Debs, Millie and Poppy (and Pippi).xx

My dogs, in my heart and mind forever....

12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Pippi update

Post by 12_paws » 14 Mar 2016, 20:19

As always, buckets of positive healing thoughts winging their way to Pippi and all fingers and paws crossed.
Hopefully these are little steps in the right direction, as you say Debs, encouraging.
:love2: Pippi
:love3: for you Deb
Des x
Desley
Diesel & Harley x x

jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie » 14 Mar 2016, 20:43

It sounds very encouraging and I am so pleased she is beginning to show some positive signs from her natural treatment. With time and your continued effort I am sure Pippi will turn a bigger corner and be free of all her lumps and bumps.

Debbie I want to also say you are a complete star, I know how distressing and how much hard work goes into looking after a dog with allergies so a big thank you from me :love3: :love3:

Jackie x

Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Morticia1162 » 14 Mar 2016, 20:44

Aw bless her, she does go thorough the mill doesn't she?

Positivity and best wishes coming your way from all here. :love3: :love3:
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx