Glenys
Glenys

Buster ( Black ) update

Post by Glenys »

We have two Busters on supported to save confusion

From Jane

Good morning Ladies

Just an update on Buster.
He is still absolutely fine, lovable and fighting fit. In the last couple of weekends we have helped one of our local high schools with the Duke of Edinburgh bronze expedition. We walk the course with the pupils, at the back to make sure they all get round. Buster completed the walks both weekends (approx. 12-13km) no problem at all -most off his lead, running back and to the whole time and still enough bounce to jumps in the back of the car at the end!

He went to the vets about 2 months ago, who reviewed his medication and given he had had a few fits put this down to him not being on the right dose. It seems the medication he is taking is designed to be taken twice a day, because of the half life, so in addition to the 60mg he was taking at tea time she added 30mg in the morning. You kindly paid the bill for these.

Having had just 1 fit in the first few days after the change, the rest of the month was fit free. He has since been to the vets again and had his bloods checked. They came back with a slight elevation in liver enzymes (not a concerning level and associated with this medication) and the blood level of the medication was at the lower end of normal, which again is fine. The vet did state that for a dog of his size they would normally start them on 60mg twice a day, so he is on a very low dose. He has had 1 other very mild fit since, so all is good.

I have attached the 2 bills for his treatment, £113.24 includes the blood tests, and the more recent one from this week for £24.33 for the new prescription now we know this is the right dose for him at the moment.

Regards

Jane

Maggie May
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Buster ( Black ) update

Post by Maggie May »

What a lovely update, Buster sounds like he had a great time on the walk :1972:

I am glad his medication change is helping him.

:bighug: for Buster.
Kay
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Willow »

So lovely to read how the supported dogs scheme can allow dogs like Buster to enjoy such a fulfilling life. Makes all of the fundraising efforts worthwhile when you read something like that.
:2821:
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Agree with Joanna's post above. Lovely update on Buster so pleased he is doing well.

Jackie x
Debsalabradora1
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Debsalabradora1 »

Great to read your update. You're clearly very loved.xx
Debs, Millie and Poppy (and Pippi).xx

My dogs, in my heart and mind forever....