Ellie supported dog

Moderator: Forum Moderators

janie1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Ellie supported dog

Post by janie1 »

It has been quite a while since I posted about Ellie my gorgeous girl who moved in nearly two years ago. But that is a good thing as there hasn't been much to tell. Her ear infections have become less but today I have had to take her to the vet as she has been shaking her head and rubbing it on the carpet. Thinking she had another ear infection the vet said she has a lot of ear wax which means she may need a washout which means an anaesthetic. She was reluctant to give me more antibiotics and suggested we go back next week for an ear swab to see what is going on.
The poor girl also had her anal glands done and the vet said they were like balloons.
She is currently sleeping off her traumatic morning but still a happy girl. She shakes off whatever happens to her.
Thank you to the rescue and supporters for helping me look after her ears we really appreciate it. More updates soon.
Jane and Ellie x
Remembering Dylan 9/6/2003-6/11/2014 xxx very special boy. My beautiful black Prince.
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Ellie supported dog

Post by jackie »

Good to hear about Ellie and pleased all is well with her apart from her ears and anal glands of course. I hope her ears are better soon, thanks for the update.
Jackie x
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

It was good to hear news of Ellie but sorry she has ear problem, and had had a traumatic morning at the vets. Am sure she felt better after her sleep. She sounds a lovely girl.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Get well soon Ellie xx
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Sorry your ears are playing up Ellie, good luck with the treatment.

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Funny, I'd been wondering about Ellie then saw your post.
Hope her ears are settling and she gets a long respite before the next flare up,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart