Ellie supported dog

Moderator: Forum Moderators

janie1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Ellie supported dog

Post by janie1 »

After a long wait for the results of Ellies ear swab nearly a month ago , I rang the vet this morning and they chased the lab results ( no pun intended ). It seems her ears are over producing yeast not bacteria which is good as she doesn't need antibiotics. After 2 years of wrong treatment it makes me wonder why this wasn't done before. She hasn't suffered because of it as her ears always cleared up. But they weren't infections needing antibiotics. So that's our update.
Ellie continues to delight me more everyday. This year I discovered she walks to heel if you ask her. In a months time it will be her 2 year gotcha. Where has that time gone ? I do put pictures up on the Facebook page. Can't work photocopier. Thanks so much for your continued support. Ellie and I are very grateful.
Jane and Ellie x
Remembering Dylan 9/6/2003-6/11/2014 xxx very special boy. My beautiful black Prince.
janie1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Ellie supported dog

Post by janie1 »

Photocopier should read photobucket !!
Jane and Ellie x
Remembering Dylan 9/6/2003-6/11/2014 xxx very special boy. My beautiful black Prince.
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Good to read news of Ellie. I hope the results mean she will have less trouble with her ears now. She's a clever girl walking to heel when asked, you must have been pleased when you realised she knew to do that.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
janie1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by janie1 »

Yes I was surprised and pleased. Even after 2 years still learning about her.
If I can keep her ears under control hopefully we can avoid the big operation I was told she would eventually need when I adopted her. She is incredibly good when I treat her ears unlike Dylan who would run and hide and fight if I had to do anything to him. Bless him.
Jane and Ellie x
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Thanks for the update and pleased Ellie was seen by a sensible vet, it does infuriate me that they just dish out antibiotics over and over as an easy, money making, quick fix and never quite think about looking at the bigger picture. One of my girls has a yeast problem in her ears and as long as I clean them daily we keep on top of things.

Jackie x