Ellie supported dog

Moderator: Forum Moderators

janie1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Ellie supported dog

Post by janie1 »

Sorry I haven't posted for a while but it is for a good reason.
Ellies ears have been good for a long time.
I am thinking it might be because I changed her food from bakers to Harringtons.
She was having trouble with her anal glands so I googled it and the advice was to make her stools harder. So when she passes harder stools it squeezes her glands as it comes out.
There is definitely less bottom rubbing now and her stools are perfectly formed and firm.
She has lived with me now for 2 years and 4 months and is such a different dog to when she arrived.
She is very happy and confident around other dogs. She bounds over to boy dogs. Little flirt. There is no snarling now when they sniff her back end. She allows it patiently and then likes to reciprocate.
Last year I wanted to show her off at the dog party but I got hopelessly lost. I was so upset. But this year I will be coming with a friend who knows the way. You will know we are there as Miss Ellie is a very vocal girl. Nearly been thrown out of dog friendly cafes because of her barking.
At home she is very quiet and very affectionate. I love her to bits. She helped my broken heart after my black lab Dylan died. She makes me laugh every day. I hope I make her happy. I think I do. We are best buddies.
I do post on Facebook as it is easier for me to upload pictures on my phone. Can't do photocopier. I will email some pictures to Glenys so she can put them on here for me.

Jane and Ellie x
Remembering Dylan 9/6/2003-6/11/2014 xxx very special boy. My beautiful black Prince.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Re: Ellie supported dog

Post by Glenys »

Thankyou for the update Jane Ill pop pics on when they arrive xx
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Lovely update and Ellie certainly looks happy. Gorgoeus photos thanks for sharing and letting us know how she is getting on.

Jackie x
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Lovely to hear about Ellie, I remember the problems she had with her ears bless her and its great to know that she is faring much better.
Lovely pictures too!
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

It was lovely to see those gorgeous pictures of Ellie and to read her ears are not a problem now and that she is more confident in lots of other areas of her life. Lovely to know she is happy and how happy she makes her Mum.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Thank you for the kind update
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Thank you for sharing your story and for the piccys of your beautiful Ellie.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Ell lie still being loved and cared for by Jane xx
janie1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by janie1 »

Hi Glenys. Ellie is 14 now (probably) and still enjoying life. Her ears have been great now for over a year but she has gone deaf. Her back legs are very stiff so going to review her pain control with the vet now. She does pace a lot in the evening and barks but loves the beach and does a bit of galloping until her legs tell her no. We love her to bits and all her eccentricities and she loves my son who is home temporarily at the moment. In another life she would have been a mans dog. She likes the boys ! Dogs and men. We know our time with her is limited so we make sure she wants for nothing.
Jane and Ellie x
Remembering Dylan 9/6/2003-6/11/2014 xxx very special boy. My beautiful black Prince.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Sadly Ellie has now passed away.

Thank you Jane for looking after her and giving her a lovely life .
janie1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by janie1 »

Our beautiful girl Ellie left us 5 days after Xmas. She was an absolute pleasure and we have some wonderful memories. She did live to a good old age 15. And I like to think her last six years with me were her best. Have fun at rainbow Bridge Ell and hopefully you have met up with Dylan my dog before her. A very handsome black lab who I know she would have flirted with. Miss you so much girl but no more pain. Huge thanks to Glenys and team for all the support over the years and bringing her into my life to help heal my broken heart after Dylan.
Jane and Ellie x