Dear Misty

Remember your beloved friend at this special time of year

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Dear Misty

Post by Glenys »

When she came into rescue ( 2005) we had Misty checked up as we felt she may need an operation it was discovered she had been born with no hip sockets she was so tiny and frail a gust of wind could blow her over the vets advised building her muscles up by swimming she was kindly supported by swimming and Ann Johnson Canine therapies Preston a freind of rescue and personal freind very kindly arranged for her to be collected a few times a week for therapy
Misty was deemed un rehomable no one would take her on so she lived with Sam and I and our dogs
For six months and we had said if no one came forward she could stay with us the swimming helped her so much
She could out run our Ned in the big garden eventually then Beth Cottell and her lovely family gave her a forever home
over the years they have been here and we had a chance to see Misty

Misty will be forever in our hearts please read below.....

Just thought I should let you all know that today we lost our lovely little lady, little Misty Moo, she was a little trooper but sadly her battle with hip dysplasia which she had all her life got the better of her. Her health has sadly deteriorated over the past 24 hours and she couldn't get up onto her feet this morning. For those who don't know or have never met little Moo, She was a little character and a lovely little dog, we got this little girl who touched many heart's over the years from the Labrador rescue back in 2005 and she along with Charlie (our other dog who sadly passed away back in 2015) became best of friends for life from day 1 when this little girl climbed into Charlie's bed (in the picture below) and were there for each other until the very end. Run free over rainbow bridge little girl, Charlie will be waiting on the other side and you can be reunited together again. Rest in peace sweetheart. You will be greatly missed ❤

Charlie left Misty Right

coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Dear Misty

Post by coco-bean »

What a beautiful story.

Run free sweet Misty go find your brother Charlie run like puppies again

Leaking eyes here thinking of Misty family at this sad time :love3:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

How sad that Misty lost her battle but she was given a loving and caring home and by sounds of things has been very happy.

Run free at the bridge Misty sweetheart.

Jackie x
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

How sad that Misty has gone. I had not read of her story before, how lovely of Rescue to take so much care of her and then for her new owners to give her so much love and care over the years. They have been well rewarded by the love she gave back by the sound of it. She will be missed but still loved. Brave little lady.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Morticia1162 »

So sorry Misty has gone to the bridge, Charlie I'm sure will be their to greet her, tail wagging in excitement. :love2:

It sounds like she lived with very special people. :love3:
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Run free at the Bridge dear Misty.

My thoughts are with your very caring and loving family who gave you a very special home.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

I have only just seen this wonderful but sad story, dear Misty rest in peace what a very brave girl you have been.
Sending love to her very special family at this very sad time.
Reunited with Charlie
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly n Polly :love2:
Megsmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Megsmum »

Just caught up with this wonderful story and it brought tears to my eyes.
Thank you to her lovely, caring family who did so much for her :love3:
Run free at the Bridge, dear Misty - reunited with Charlie :love2: xxx
Helen and Merry x

Remembering my beautiful Meg 1992-2008 and my darling Mollie 2009-2018
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

What truly gorgeous dogs Misty and Charlie were. They clearly both had a wonderful life together and are hopefully together forever now x
Emma
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Run free at Rainbow Bridge Misty with Charlie :1972: :love2:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )