Our Special boy Dillon

Remember your beloved friend at this special time of year

Moderator: Forum Moderators

LynneG
New User
New User

Our Special boy Dillon

Post by LynneG »

Having lost our Golden Retriever the previous year we decided the time was right for a new friend (2004). We spoke to Glenys and came over and saw Chubbs, a handsome 7 month old Black Lab, we were smitten and knew our 3 sons would be too. It was coming up to the school hols so I would be off and we could get some training in and establish some routines. We changed his name because although it was cute for a puppy, Chubbs was not quite right for an adult dog. We`ve have had a wonderful 13 years with this boy. Not a bad bone in his body, he loved everyone, from our elderly parents to our youngest grandchildren and every dog he came across. Don`t be thinking he was an angel though, he cost us a fortune in fleeces, dressing gowns, pillowcases and cushion covers.

He was especially fond of his holidays to the caravan and would sit by the packed bags to make sure he wasn`t left behind. He loved the beach and to swim. When we realised he was beginning to struggle that`s were we took him and where he saw his last days

Run free on a beach in the sky, special boy.

We shall take a short break, but now we are both retired a new companion is a certainty.
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Our Special boy Dillon

Post by JoanG »

Lynne your post brought tears to my eyes - what a lovely tribute to your boy Dillon. You also made me smile as I could almost see him sitting by the packed bags and all those chewed items, I'm sure all these happy and funny memories will bring you so much comfort in the weeks to come.

Thinking of you at this very sad time. :love3: Run free on that beach Dillon :love2:
Joan and George x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Thinking of you Lynne at this sad and difficult time, our very much loved friends are such a miss.
Run free beautiful Dillon, rest in peace.
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :love3:
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Your post about your dearest Dillon has made me cry also, but laugh at the list of chewable items and smile at him sitting by the holiday gear. A very special boy leaving very very special memories. Thinking of you. xx

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

You write so beautifully of your boy Dillon, he sounds to have been a very special boy indeed and has left you some lovely memories of his escapades and your adventures together.
Thinking of you at this difficult time,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

So very sorry to hear of your sad loss Of lovely Dillon.

Sending you best wishes from Sam and I and our grateful thanks for his wonderful life with you.

xx

Here when needed
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Lynne so sorry to hear of your loss of a much loved Dillon. All choked up for you having lost Balee last September I know exactly how you must be feeling.

Big Big :bighug: to you all

Run Free at Rainbow Bridge Dillon
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
LynneG
New User
New User

Post by LynneG »

Glenys wrote:So very sorry to hear of your sad loss Of lovely Dillon.

Sending you best wishes from Sam and I and our grateful thanks for his wonderful life with you.

xx

Here when needed

Thank you Glenys and Sam,
Mike retired 3 days before Dillon passed so we are missing him so much. We are having a brief break and going on a Nile Cruise next month at which point we will be looking for a new friend. I presume all those beautiful puppies are spoken for, as we are back for the end of May. We`ll be reserves if anyone should change their minds. Either way we will be in touch when we get back.