Do you remember Julius?

If you are new to the site pop in here and say hello - We are a friendly bunch!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Olly2010
New User
New User

Do you remember Julius?

Post by Olly2010 »

Hi,
If you remember Julius was a Lab X Flat Coated Retriever and he became Olly and perhaps that's where it started. Julius being quite a dignified, majestic sort of name and Olly not. So welcome to my disaster dog, Olly has no concept of consequences so if he pushes his head into the hedge to investigate a pheasant even though he is slicing into his ear with a piece of wire he doesn't think to stop; does he look before he jumps over a wall to discover that it's about 15 feet lower on the other side? well no. He's had cut feet, eaten several socks and I'm sure there's more I've conveniently forgotten, but with all of that he's is the most loveable dog and after a slow start we have become a team. We've just come back from a few days in Kielder Forest with his chum next door, a Labrador X Paterdale, so good to be able to walk, miles and not see another person and then get back to the cottage and settle in front of the wood burner. I just wanted to let you know at the rescue centre that he's doing well. Sally
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Do you remember Julius?

Post by jackie »

Great update on Olly, he sounds a handful must be the flat coat in him! Pleased you enjoyed your break at Kielder Forest not far from where I am it is a great place for walking and like you say you never see a soul!

Jackie x
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Lovely to read about Olly, sounds like he's kept you busy. Glad you enjoyed your holiday with him and your/his friends, sounds great.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

What a great update, Sally, Olly sounds like he keeps you on your toes - I hope you've got him insured :rofl: :rofl:

Please keep the updates coming we love to hear about the rescue dogs' antics - the good bits and naughty ones as they make us smile. Keep safe Olly you sound as if you've wormed your way into Sally's heart quite successfully :rofl:
Joan and George x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

I can see why you changed his name :rofl: but certainly made me smile such a character never a dull moment
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ahhh, not disaster dog.....curious, investigatory, impulsive.....well okay, a bit of a disaster :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
He sounds lovely!!
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hi Sally & Olly, well what a dog!! Lots of fun and what will today bring I expect!
Very pleased you enjoyed Kielder,like Jackie we are very close and it is very quiet and beautiful.
By the way a warm welcome from us.
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly n Polly x