New member - to the Forum and our family!

If you are new to the site pop in here and say hello - We are a friendly bunch!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Serina-13
New User
New User

New member - to the Forum and our family!

Post by Serina-13 »

I tried to post on here a month or so ago but having just lost our beautiful black lab Bonnie in the new year, after 13 wonderful years, I was still finding it difficult. She left a huge hole in my heart and in our lives and despite trying to fill it in various ways we soon realised that there was really only one way!
Whilst no 'girl' will ever replace our wonderful Bonnie, thanks to everyone at Labrador Rescue, we now have our beautiful Luna. Just 7 months old tomorrow Luna has now been with us for nearly two weeks and despite still being so much a puppy she is settling in so unbelievably well. We had never expected to re home such a young girl but she has adapted so quickly to her new routine and is so willing to please, it feels like we have always had her and she is learning so quickly.
She is loving her new home in Lakeland with all the fell walks and swimming. She is making lots of new friends and even my adult children came home to meet and spend time with her! As my friend posted on Facebook "All is right with the world - Diane is posting black-lab-on-the-fells pictures again"!
A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone at LABRADOR RESCUE for caring enough to do what they do, for giving Luna another chance at happiness and myself and my family a complete home again.
Last edited by Serina-13 on 19 Sep 2017, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Re: New member - to the Forum and our family!

Post by Melliott »

Firstly I am very sorry to hear of your loss, Bonnie sounds very special and will have left a huge hole in your heart. We all know on here that you can't, don't and won't every replace your special friend, but we also know that without a lab, life and home is just not the same.

Congratulations on Luna adopting you, she sounds like a bundle of fun. Wishing you many happy years together making special memories.

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Re: New member - to the Forum and our family!

Post by Liz5353 »

We are so sorry for your loss of beautiful Bonnie, we really do know how hard this is, sleep tight Bonnie.
Welcome to the site from us and we look forward to hearing updates about your new girl gorgeous Luna, she sounds wonderful.i know you will have great fun with a young dog, our girl Bonnie was 5 months when we got her from Glenys and it was great watching her settle and improve all the time, good luck.
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly xx