Hello

If you are new to the site pop in here and say hello - We are a friendly bunch!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MrsCrinigan
New User
New User

Hello

Post by MrsCrinigan »

Hello all,

We are looking for our first family dog and have wanted a Labrador for so long. We wanted to wait until we had a big enough home and garden and now feel that the time is right. My two children can't wait to welcome a dog into the family as they are dog mad and at the age where they can really get involved.

We are huge lovers of the outdoors and we'd love a lab to get out and about with us on long walks and even help us to get fitter. I think I might start jogging again if I have a willing friend to come along.

Hopefully we will be welcoming another member of the family soon.

Gemma x
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Hello

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Hello

Welcome to this lovely website/group of people. I have not adopted from here although I now have two rescue dogs. I have previously had four and I agree they can keep you fit. I don't think I would have, or would now, go out walking for the sake of it. With a dog it's different. I look forward to when you can welcome a much deserving dog into your home.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Hello and welcome to this very friendly and informative Rescue Forum. If you have children and like an active outdoors lifestyle then, in my opinion, you can't beat a labrador. Of course I'm biased as I've had labs for over 30 years and my children grew up with them. I adopted George from this Rescue as a 10 month old in 2009 and he turned out to be my dog in a lifetime.

This is a fantastic Rescue which always puts the needs of any dog in its care first. Have you filled in the application form that's the first step. The Rescue is very busy at present in the middle of the biggest rescue it has ever done so please be prepared to be patient. It's not easy, I know, when you have taken the decision to get a dog especially when your children will be so excited but I honestly don't think you will find a more caring Rescue than this one. Getting the right dog into the right home for both parties is Glenys' aim.

You can ring Gina or Glenys once the application is in and if you don't mind what sex, colour etc your dog is you will possibly find your forever friend more quickly.

Good luck and please keep us posted on how your application progresses.
Joan and George x
MrsCrinigan
New User
New User

Post by MrsCrinigan »

Thank you for the words of encouragement.

I have grown up with dogs (rough collies and fox terriers) so know how much fun it is to have a dog in the house and I can't wait for my own children to be able to experience it also.

We are totally open to all dogs and have contacted Glenys, so you never know. I do appreciate that they are really busy at the moment though and have a lot on. Labs are such lovely dogs that I guess they are inundated with offers all the time as well. Good things come to those who wait so I will let you know if we have any news. I think the kids have waited so long that they can hold out for a little longer - they are a patient pair.
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello Gemma
A warm welcome from us also,we look forward to updates once you have some news.
I have 4 girls 3 black and 1 chocolate they are such great company..
Good luck
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :2379: