Hello

If you are new to the site pop in here and say hello - We are a friendly bunch!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Willspad
New User
New User

Hello

Post by Willspad »

Sadly here due to tragic loss of our beautiful Black labrador Bob at two and a half, someone left a country rail crossing gate open on a bend. Bob was off lead having fun running on the fields and ran on to the track, within seconds a train appeared and nearly hit all 3 of us. it has been very hard to deal with but feel that giving another lovely labrador the chance of a happy life is the way forward. Bob was a very Big personality and loved his friends at training class, hope to return to classes with our next set of paws.
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Hello

Post by JoanG »

I'm so sorry for your loss, what an awful and tragic thing to happen to such a young dog. I can fully understand how hard it must be to come to terms with this. You say Bob had a big personality and In lots of ways that makes it even harder as you must miss him so much but also you must have so many happy memories which, from my experience, and after a period of time will bring back a smile as you remember those funny antics that your beloved Bob got up to.

There are always lovely dogs coming into Rescue, I don't know how much you know about the adoption process but the first step is to complete the online adoption form and then give the Rescue a ring. I hope you find another wonderful lab to help the healing process, please let us know how you get on.
Joan and George x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello and welcome from us.
What a dreadful way to lose your beautiful boy, and yourselves almost in danger.
Thinking of you all at this very sad time.
As Joan said there are some beautiful dogs coming and going at rescue.
Sleep tight Bob
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :love2:
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

How awful and tragic please feel free to make contact with us re adoption numbers below
Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
Willspad
New User
New User

Post by Willspad »

I have spoken to Carol and awaiting adoption clearance. Thank you for your kind words Bob loved everybody and almost every dog and loved going to dog training. He always knew when it was Tuesday and followed my every move from teatime onwards and couldn't wait to get in the door to see his friends
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

So very sorry for the tragic loss of your beloved Bob.

Alison x