Hello

If you are new to the site pop in here and say hello - We are a friendly bunch!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Alex_Claire
New User
New User

Hello

Post by Alex_Claire »

Hello everyone, first time here.
We are Alex and Claire, and we lost our beautiful friend and companion Penny, last Thursday. She was nearly 13 years old and we had her from 16 weeks. She had some hereditary health issues which of course her breeder hadn't warned us about, which meant that she lost her teeth at a very young age. She is very sorely missed. Needless to say my wife and I have been taking every doggy moment that we are presented with and were lucky to bump into a very nice lady walking a sturdy 5 year old Yellow Labrador earlier today. After chatting to her for a few minutes she pointed us in this direction, and I hope we meet her again so that I can express my heartfelt thanks. A home without a dog is just a house, and this place feels desolate at the moment.
glendahall
New User
New User

Re: Hello

Post by glendahall »

hello Alex and Clare
I am the lady who you met today
Wally is the beautiful boy with me-Mr July on the pin up calendar
I am so pleased that you have registered and hope that next time we bump into each other - we are always around-you also have a new companion with you
as I mentioned this is a great rescue run by superb people
GOOD LUCK
Glenda and Wally :2379:
Alex_Claire
New User
New User

Post by Alex_Claire »

Oh wow ! Glenda, thank you so much, our few minutes with Wally was good for the soul. He is a fabulous boy. I'm very happy to have found the site you spoke so glowingly about, and when the time is right for us I know we will be looking to give a forever home. Still too raw for us at the moment, but I have registered us and we will know when the time is right.
glendahall
New User
New User

Post by glendahall »

hi
I am sure you will know when the time is right for you and I really hope to meet you again and hear how you get on
Penny will never leave you and you obviously have enough love to give to another companion sometime in the future
we really do hope that we bump into you again and hear how your journey is going
thanks from Wally for your kind words and cuddles today-he doesn't like any attention-NOT!!!!!
Glenda and Wally
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Sorry to hear of your sad loss of Penny and meeting Wallyis good as he is a good ambassador for the breed and our rescue too.

It may be god to email me so I can look at your application as I need to know your surname to check.

Best wishes Glenys
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello and a warm welcome from us also.
We are so sorry that you have lost your beautiful Penny, it is a very sad and difficult time, I do know.
How nice for you to meet another labrador lover and put you in touch with this wonderful site.
Lots of luck in finding another special boy or girl.
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :2379:
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Welcome Alex and Claire to this very friendly Rescue Forum. I'm so sorry for your loss, Penny sounds as if she brought you a lot of happiness in her long life and I'm sure, in time, the pain will ease and those lovely memories will make you smile again.

Glenys always has lovely dogs coming through the rescue so I would drop her a quick email so that your application can be processed and then when the time feels right it can be all systems go.

Most of us on here have,over the years, lost our precious boys and girls so we know how hard it is for you both at the moment but Penny must have been a wonderful ambassador for our breed and I hope you find your next friend through this Rescue when you feel ready.
Joan and George x
Alex_Claire
New User
New User

Post by Alex_Claire »

Thank you all so much for your kind wishes. I have lost a number of dogs in the past, but my son has never known life without Penny, and to be honest I don't think it gets any easier just because I've been here before. We all know that it is the "sensible" thing to wait until the new year before making any decisions, and that making an emotional choice simply because we feel Penny's loss so much would be the wrong thing to do, but it feels like a very empty house at the moment. Once again, thank you for all your kind thoughts, we are both very happy to have found your website.