Ready to take the plunge again...

If you are new to the site pop in here and say hello - We are a friendly bunch!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ktmcgrogan
New User
New User

Ready to take the plunge again...

Post by ktmcgrogan »

Hello, my name is kath, i recently completed an application form and was wondering what the next step would be. We have always had Labradors, our first was Sally a yellow Lab who was very special in every way. She lived until she was 16 years old! We then rescued Sisters; Rosie and Millie, both black Labs at 15months old, they were a handful but we loved them dearly for 13 years. They were a huge part of our lives captured on so many holiday photographs, sadly they both died within six months of each other, that was nearly two years ago and we now feel ready to give another Labrador a loving home. hope our application is approved so we can take that plunge.

kath and Ian
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Ready to take the plunge again...

Post by JoanG »

Hi Kath and Ian and welcome to the Rescue Forum. Sorry for the belated reply.

Your three lovely girls sound as if they were brilliant ambassadors for this wonderful breed and all of them lived very long lives, I'm sure you have so many happy memories. What an awful shock to lose two within 6 months that must have been an awful time for you.

I'm pleased you feel ready for another lab, I would give Glenys a ring to see what your next step is, the Rescue has been incredibly busy since the start of the year so things may be taking longer to process.

Please let us know how you get on Glenys always has lots of lovely dogs coming through
Rescue and I hope you find your next lab soon.
Joan and George x
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Hi Kath,
welcome to the site.......
It's good to hear that you feel ready to share your home and heart with a new companion, I've a feeling your girls would be happy that another will have the love that they did.
Wishng you luck in finding that special match soon,
Des
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello Katy and Ian
Welcome from us also, a home does not feel the same to me without a beautiful dog, so good luck.
We hope to hear from you again soon
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :2379:
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

A warm welcome from us too. Glad you are ready to take the plunge again. It sounds like a wonderful, loving home is ready for another labrador to make your home complete once again. Good luck.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador