Ebony our adorable lab

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dawnmiddletonwales

Ebony our adorable lab

Post by Dawnmiddletonwales »

Just thought I'd post on this forum about the painful decision my husband and I have had to make to get Ebony (gets Ebby) rehomed this Saturday.

She has been part of our family since she was a young pup. We have a 3yr old little girl who she is great and tolerant with and has never showed any malice.

We have a baby due early May and have deliberated for a while over the decision we have had to make. We feel that to be completely fair on Ebby a new home would be able to provide her with the time and energy she deserves. Especially as she is a dog that loves long walks in the countryside or down the coast and with a toddler and newborn baby we just won't be able to keep her as happy as she deserves to be. It would have been a much easier decision to keep her and muddle through but it would have been at her detriment. We have tried to be completely selfless and sincerely hope that she will give so much joy to her new owner(s).

She was so good on the 3hr journey from Newcastle to the kennels On Saturday and we were so relieved to arrive and it was better than we had expected. Carol was so kind and empathic. The other labs were happy and well cared for. Ebby was instantly wagging her tail and said hello to them all. Carol said they were all going to have a run together soon. We knew she was in good professional hands. We gave her a big hug and left her happy with a huge bone!

Many tears later back in Newcastle our home is strange without her and our little girl has been reassured she is happy.

Yesterday we had the reassuring news that after only 24 hrs she has already gone to her new home. She has gone to a home better than we could have imagined for her. I am hopeful this will be her home forever.

We would love updates on how she is settling in and getting on in the future. If her new owner is reading this thank you so much for giving her this chance and if you need any further info/history on her don't hesitate to get in touch (middletonwales@googlemail.com).

Lastly (apologies this is now an essay!), we'd like to thank Carol and the team for everything, words can't say how grateful we are to you all. You do an amazing job and we are so relieved we found this ideal option for our Ebby.

Love Dawn, Graeme and Seren Middleton-Wales x
Liza01
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Ebony our adorable lab

Post by Liza01 »

As an adopter of two MKF labradors I can only say the wonderful work they do to place the correct dog with the correct family. We love our dogs beyond words and know that you have put your Ebony in the best place because of the great work they do.
LizaMurphyBolly and Bertie
Mandylab
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Mandylab »

I am sorry to hear that you had to give your little girl up but it is refreshing to read that you have taken the time and effort to drive such a long distance way to make sure she is well cared for.
Mandy and Nibby
warrengl
Senior User
Senior User

Post by warrengl »

Hello and welcome to the site :hello2:

So sorry to hear that you had to give your lovely girl up for adoption but rest assured nothing but the best home would have been found for Ebony. :love2:

:love3:
Gill xx

Coco
Gone from our sight, but never our memories
Gone from our touch, but never our hearts
gillal1
Senior User
Senior User

Post by gillal1 »

Welcome to the site Dawn, :hello2:

So sorry you had to re-home Ebony but as Mandy said you traveled a long distance to make sure she found the right home and that is commendable. You coulnt have gone to a better place.
It must give you peace of mind to know she has found a lovely home already.

Gill,Milly and Lilly.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

It is commendable that dawn was prepared to drive Ebony all that way to here it means they care so much for her dont worry dawn Ebby is certainly making her new family happy xx
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Hi Dawn :hello2:

I know from the post you wrote and how far you travelled how much Ebony (Ebby) meant to you as a family and know how hard it must be for you. You did the right thing by bringing Ebby to MKF as Glenys and the team will always make sure that Ebby gets the right home were she will continued to be loved. It must also be a relief knowing that she has already found a lovely home.

Amanda Jim Milo Zak & Max x
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.