Our Henry Bear

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

metallikath

Our Henry Bear

Post by metallikath »

We cannot believe we have only had Henry for a week, as it feels he has been part of our family for so much longer. We already had a black labrador called Lily and after a few hours of pinching her toys (and eating the ears off one of them!) he soon settled down and they now get along brilliantly. He has made us all so happy, Lily in particular as we recently lost our Chocolate Labrador Woody.

Henry is overweight, with huge paws prompting our 2 year old to lovingly name him "Henry Bear" as he looks like a Polar Bear. We have taken him to be weighed however, after just a week (3 walks a day) he has had to have his harness taken in 3 times already!!

He loves to go on long walks, the dirtier the better and we have not been able to tire him out yet. We are lucky enough to live near a lot of good walking tracks and on our family walk on Sunday he ended up going head first into the duck pond but at least it got rid of the mud. We are looking forward to taking him on some of Lily's favourite walks, and discovering some of his own.

We would like to thank Carol, Abbie and Glenys for letting Henry join our family as he has brought us a lot of joy already in such a short time.

We will keep you updated on his weight loss progress, we hope you enjoy the pictures.

Kath, Jemma, Gabriella, Lily and Henry xxxxx

Henry's first night in his new home

relaxing on the settee

Henry in the mud

Best friends

Finally asleep!
carolb
Homing Coordinator
Homing Coordinator

Re: Our Henry Bear

Post by carolb »

Thank you for the update and pics! Henry has certainly fallen on his feet at your house :love2: He looks very settled already. :bravo:
Rehoming co ordinator. Tel 07399559202.
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

What lovely pictures of Henry Bear (Happy Henry Bear!)
Super

Hilary
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

Lovely update!!!!

Great photos he looks well and truly at home!! :love6: :love6:

Gill, Meg and Maisie
:love2: :love2: :love2:
warrengl
Senior User
Senior User

Post by warrengl »

Lovely photos! :love6:

Its great to hear that Henry Bear has settled in so well! Looking forward to more updates! :love3:
Gill xx

Coco
Gone from our sight, but never our memories
Gone from our touch, but never our hearts
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Love the pictures. That is the problem with creamy Labs they show every dirty mark. :rofl: He has certainly settled down very quickly and looks very content. :1951:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Post by rhoda4 »

Lovely pictures of your handsome Henry Bear. :love5: Great that hes' so happy and settled and loving his walks. Looking forward to more updates and photos.

Ann, Paul & Zac x
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
gillal1
Senior User
Senior User

Post by gillal1 »

What a lovely update Henry looks and sounds so settled already :love2:

What a lucky boy, he sounds as though he has found the perfect home for him with the lovely Lily. I would imagine from the sound of things you are in for lots of laughs with him and your 2 year old.

Looking forward to hearing more of their adventures. :rofl:

Gill,Milly and Lilly.
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Lovely update and pictures.

Welcome to the site.
Sounds as if Henry has settled down into his new life.Congratulations in adopting the huggable Henry Bear.

:love2: :love2:

Kay.xx
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Ah. Lovely Henry, what a handsome chap. I love your paws! :love5:
Jackie
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

He is a lucky chap, and I think he must know it. Talk about settled in quickly, they know which side their bread is buttered on.

Lovely update and piccys. Thanks.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Lovely update he looks so happy already great pictures too :bravo: :bravo:

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Lovely update and piccys :love2: .

Henry you are one handsome boy and so glad you have settled in your new home. Look forward to more piccys and updates.

Amanda Jim Milo Zak & Max x
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
metallikath

Post by metallikath »

Thank you for your lovely messages. We are glad that you all think he looks happy too :1970:

Just to update you on Henry's weight. We took him to the vets to be weighed today and he has lost 2KG (4.5lbs) in 4 weeks! We are very pleased with this, and he is already looking more defined.

He is very much a water dog, even down to sitting next to the bath waiting for Gabriella to blow him some bubbles!

He is walking better now on the lead (yes, no need for the harness now :1966: ) with very little pulling so hopefully no more duckpond incidents :1968:

Knowing how much you all like photos, here are a few more of Happy Henry and his sister Lily :love5:

LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Lovley piccys and well done on the weight loss Henry Bear :love5:

Amanda Jim milo Zak & Max x
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.